Accounting Manager - Cherry
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 24, 2022
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the strict adherence to
financial policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy of
financial reporting, a strong control environment, and protection
of company assets against loss. The Accounting Manager reports into
the Controller and is a crucial member of the Accounting team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct and perform account reconciliation process to maintain
integrity of Operation's general ledger and its supported
- Oversee and supervise A/R, A/P and payroll functions within the
- Review, analyze, evaluate and interpret financial forecasts and
- Provide information of results and recommend corrective actions
to address unfavorable variances.
- Produce weekly, monthly and/or quarterly financial reports;
ensures that the reported results comply with Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare business activity reports, financial forecasts and
- Report and monitor on the deployment of cost saving programs
and the impact to the Operation.
- Support compliance with corporate policy including SOX.
- Assist in the monthly closing by reviewing and preparing
various entries for departmental charges.
- Prepare statements for Flex P & L, variable, fixed, etc.
- Support and counsel Controller and Operation leadership team on
financial implications for operating strategies, cost control
actions and decisions.
- Work with internal and outside auditors concerning financial
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational
innovation and regularly interact with business owners and senior
level management on accounting matters
- Perform other related duties as assigned.EDUCATION AND
- BS in Accounting or Finance (advanced degree, CPA, or CMA
- Prior managerial experience, specifically in the area of AP/AR
and general accounting
- Minimum 10 years financial experience in progressively
responsible positions within global, multi-site/cultural
manufacturing organizations, a demonstrated track record of
accountability and achievement.
- Strong leadership, project management and communication
- Strong skills and knowledge of accounting theory, application
of financial principles (GAAP) & Standard Cost Accounting.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting processes,
profitability and variance analysis.
- Demonstrated track record of financial control and analysis
within a complex manufacturing environment.
- SOX knowledge a must.
- Experience working with ERP systems; QAD or Syteline
- Strong managerial presence that reflects a "hands-on",
participative, pro-active operating style.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in optimizing accounting processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department,
successfully juggling daily responsibilities, projects and
- Excellent analytical skills
- Liaison with auditors including internal, external and SOX
- Detailed oriented and flexible within an ever-changing
- Excellent PC computer skills with advanced Excel spreadsheet
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Santa Ana , Accounting Manager - Cherry, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!