Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Assistant Controller opportunity with a global aerospace
manufacturer in Santa Ana, CAThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Riley
DuffyAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
button and sending us your resume.Salary: $120,000 - $150,000 per
yearA bit about us:Global manufacturer of fasteners and precision
engineered components for aerospace and other markets with
demanding operating requirements and service conditions. Our
success is based on over 100 years of design and manufacturing
experience, metallurgical leadership, careful monitoring and
controlling of specific manufacturing processes, and thorough
testing of our products.Why join us?120 operations and
approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, we are the market leader
in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.Relentless in its
dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer;
delivering the highest value to its customers while continually
pursuing strategic, profitable growth.Job DetailsThe Assistant
Controller works under the guidance of the Controller and assists
the Controller with directing the organization's financial
operations and administration. Assists the Controller in the
preparation and review of financial statements, budgets, financial
planning, financial systems, and various other financial operating
reports. Has the day-to-day responsibility of the Finance
Department and performs duties personally or through
- Assists the Controller in ensuring timeliness and accuracy of
the financial statements
- Manages preparation and review of weekly and monthly reporting
package on financials and key operating metrics, ensures data
accuracy and integrity.
- Reviews financial data regularly to ensure fairness and
completeness of the data.
- Evaluates internal controls, implements new controls as needed,
and improves existing controls, putting in place new policies and
- Reviews policies and processes, recommends modifications to
existing policies and processes, and presents recommendations for
new policies and processes.
- In support of the Controller, prepares reports which summarize
and forecast company business activity and financial position in
areas of income, expense, and earnings based on past, present, and
expected operations. Additionally, prepares and reports the month
end financial results to division and plant management within 3 day
- Works with Controller to manage the preparation of budgets,
review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting
documentation and justification.
- Oversees accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general
accounting functions per company policies.
- Directs month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
- Reviews journal entries, account analyses, and account
reconciliations at month-end for completeness and accuracy.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital
assets per corporate guidelines.
- Maintains construction in progress detail with supporting
documentation and works with management team to submit capital
- Acts as liaison for internal and external audits.
- Works with SOX Coordinator and Compliance Manager to ensure
timely and accurate reporting
- Knowledge of SOX, SOX management requirements and compliance
procedure of company records and processes.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Supports major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and
policies by overseeing general accounting policies, processes and
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Understanding of accounting and finance issues in a
- Strong background in product cost accounting/standard
- Ability to analyze financial data, identify and explain
variances to forecast, use the analysis to forecast going
- Proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with solid
- Track record of improving internal
- B.S. in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance
and/or Accounting with 5 to 7 years of management experience in
accounting and finance.
- CPA preferred, public accounting experience a plus.
- GAAP knowledge required
- Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge preferred
- Extensive experience with ERP systems and ExcelInterested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
Keywords: Jobot, Santa Ana , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!