Hybrid Senior Accountant - Investments
Company: First American Financial Corp.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since
1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in
its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are
equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel
welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their
full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our
company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For - list for seven consecutive years.
We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women,
diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than
50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always
strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information,
please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job SummaryEssential
- Perform complex accounting activities to maintain a complete
and accurate investment accounting system and related general
ledger accounts. This includes researching, as necessary, new
pronouncements for reporting. Review and identify trends or issues
and the related sources to make recommendations for change.
- Prepare investment related journal entries, reconcile ledger
accounts, and perform monthly and quarterly fluctuation analysis,
including explaining key drivers for the fluctuations.
- Interface and assist with internal and external audit
- Lead special projects including process improvement
- Plays a key role in monthly and quarterly close process
- Perform account analysis to assist with ensuring accurate
investment financial reporting
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking by calling out
assumptions and identifying root cause.
- Identify errors and risks that could have a financial impact on
the company's financial statements in accordance with company
investment policies, US GAAP and in compliance with Sarbanes
- Communicate with multiple levels in the organization and
escalate issues to appropriate management.
- Assist in training and updating desktop procedures
- Analyze outsourced and offshore investment accounting and
reporting against Service Level Agreements (SLA) to identify issues
with substandard quality, turn-around time and productivity and
suggest solutions to management team
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial
statements and reports; ensure investment information has been
- Work collaboratively with team members and other
departmentsKnowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiar with investment accounting and reporting concepts,
practices, and procedures
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing
specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication
- Advanced knowledge in the interpretation and application of
accounting principles and practices under US GAAP. Knowledge of SAP
and IFRS a plus.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office. Ability to query
data using data extraction tools.
- Experience with investment and accounting systems such as
Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ, Refinitiv Datascope, and Clearwater
- Large ERP Software experience, Oracle preferred.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Judgment and Decision Making - Consider the relative costs and
benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- MBA preferredTypical Range of Experience
- 4+ years of experience in accounting
- 2+ years of experience in accounting for investment securities
preferred.License or Certification
- CPA desired but not requiredSalary Range: $62,568 - $86,900
annuallyThis hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay
range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a
number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills,
experience, business requirements and geographic
location.#LI-NS2First American invests in its employees'
development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior
customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where
they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and
inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on
eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and
other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corp., Santa Ana , Hybrid Senior Accountant - Investments, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...