Area Director, Finance - In-Office Position Located in Walnut Creek, CA (SF Bay Area)
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services,
partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world. We
are Sustainability in Action - our promise to be environmentally
responsible and to help our customers be environmentally
responsible too. Why choose Republic? Joining Republic isn't just
about taking on a new job, it's about making a commitment to create
a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential
service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and
communities everywhere. As a company, we are proud of our values
and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe
practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by
being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person. POSITION SUMMARY: The Area
Director Finance is responsible for directing, overseeing, and
supporting accounting and financial functions throughout the Area.
This includes the integrity and reliability of financial reporting,
timely and accurate transaction processing, analytical support for
strategic business functions, and statutory financial compliance.
This role seeks to partner with Area President on strategic
opportunities and key initiatives leading to profitable growth and
margin expansion. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- P&L Management - Reviews monthly close and forecast results
and meets with operations partners to establish course-corrective
actions. Ensures proper focus is being placed on margin expanding
activities and underperforming business segments.
- Decision Support - Provides decisional support and
recommendations to the Area President as it relates to all facets
financial reporting and business analysis.
- Supervises Business Unit Finance Managers - Directs, manages,
and develops Area and Business Unit Finance Managers including
hiring, onboarding, developing, coaching, and managing
- Market Strategy - Supports and controls the financial aspects
of the municipal, acquisition and landfill development models for
the area to optimize capital efficiency and return on investment.
Responsible for assembling team to support mergers, acquisitions,
due diligence, and integration.
- Pricing Strategy - Collaborates with Revenue Management Analyst
to review pricing goals/initiatives and ensure Area is on track to
- Cross Functional Leadership - Alignment on company goals and
initiatives. Champions change management process through
communication with Corp/Area/BU team members
- Compliance - Ensure effective internal controls are in place
and enforce company policies and procedures. QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ability to professionally interact and influence area and
business unit leadership team, as well as, staff and customers to
effectively accomplish goals in compliance with company policies
- Must be able to apply critical thinking and follow up on
non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies
- Must be able to effectively coach, mentor, and train seasoned
managers to meet performance expectations as described above.
- Must be able to work through others to accomplish goals and
- The ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure
effective department workflow.
- The ability to track, measure and manage performance.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a
high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team
- Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal
direction from leadership.
- An understanding of business unit operational functions and
related needs and requirements and the ability identify issues,
weigh options, and provide effective counsel to support sound
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley 404, and compliance
requirements of other financial statutes.
- Advanced skill level with Excel MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 5 years of related professional level accounting or
- Minimum of 2 years managerial, supervisory or lead experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits Eligible employees can elect to
participate in:--- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental
plans and vision coverage.--- Health care and dependent care
spending accounts.--- Short- and long-term disability.--- Life
insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.---
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).--- Employee discount
programs.--- Retirement plan with a generous company match.---
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). The statements used herein are
intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being
performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to
be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and
skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of the Company. EEO STATEMENT:Republic Services
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, relationship or association with a protected veteran
(spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Knewin, Santa Ana , Area Director, Finance - In-Office Position Located in Walnut Creek, CA (SF Bay Area), Accounting, Auditing , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!