Affordable Housing Administrative Assistant
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 17, 2021
UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are adding a Affordable
Housing Administrative Assistant to our operations team in
Southern, CA. This position will support multiple properties and
office out of 27 Seventy Five, our apartment community located in
Costa Mesa, CA.GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for
maintaining compliance, monitoring and management of Affordable
Housing Programs, including processing new applicants, renewals,
maintaining waitlists, and ensuring compliance with local and state
regulations for multiple assigned properties.ESSENTIAL
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all Affordable Housing Program
- Update the application renewal and affordable unit leasing
documentation as necessary.
- Process applications for Affordable Housing and Section 8
applicants including credit and resident certification.
- Approve qualified applications.
- Maintain participant files to ensure completeness of required
documentation and verifications.
- Educate and advise residents regarding program issues.
- Conduct program orientations for participants as needed.
- Keep up to date on affordable housing policy changes and
confirm that the community(s) follows local and state rules and
- Work with respective monitoring agents and program
administrators to ensure that rents and income levels are being set
at their maximum allowable levels.
- Review utility allowance schedules to confirm that the Company
is in compliance and recognizing the greatest possible net
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external
- Prepare and confirm required data entry to update month-end
- Investigate and take appropriate action for fraud, unreported
- Ensure that actions taken are correct and timely.
- Provide backup to sales as needed to assist and interact with
prospects by answering questions, lease terms, and the local
- Provide assistance for the community(s) as needed with reports
and tasks associated with the operation of the community and
actions to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and company
- Provide assistance to Business Manager team to diligently
collect rent, utility payments, and fees to reduce delinquency and
bad debt write offs. And perform administrative tasks associated
with site operations including, accounting and financial reporting,
reconciling resident accounts, and performing other clerical tasks
- Assist with resident communication as needed.
- Assist other communities, as necessary or as requested.
- Create, update, and conduct periodic Affordable Housing Program
training for UDR associates.
- Complete internal training for market-rate: One-Site -
Navigation and Prospects, move-ins and rent, and move-outs.
- Complete internal training for affordable housing: One-Site -
Navigation of Receipts and Waitlists, Certifications and
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.Experience,
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of two years' experience in residential properties,
property management or related business operation is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with federal housing
programs, financial eligibility determination, other affordable
- Accounting and Insurance experience is a plus.
- OneSite software experience is a plus.Education:
- Bachelor's degree and equivalent experience, required.Career
Development and AdvancementWe offer ongoing education opportunities
to encourage the skillset development of our employees and have a
validated culture of enhancing the growth and advancement of their
individual career goals. We are proud to announce the promotion of
228 employees in 2020, that's an average of 19 associates promoted
per month. We believe our employees are the organization's most
important asset.Exceptional Benefits:We offer a comprehensive
benefit package, Company matched 401(k), vacation and personal time
(up to 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, 4 personal days, and 2
floating holidays per year) plus company observed holidays,
discounts to live in our best-in-class communities, tuition
reimbursement, company sponsored events, community service days,
and our annual President's Club held in Las Vegas, honoring our
associates for their exceptional customer service and operational
excellence.About UDR, Inc.UDR, Inc., an S&P500 company, is one
of the nation's largest owners and managers of residential
apartment communities. Become a part of a company that is the
industry leader of transformational change and operational
innovation!UDR Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Keywords: UDR, Santa Ana , Affordable Housing Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!