Senior Graphic Designer
Company: Jillson & Roberts
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: January 10, 2022
*NOTE* We are only considering applicants interested in a
Full-Time, On-Site Position.
---Who we are:Jillson & Roberts is a family-owned company providing
premium quality, Eco-friendly, fashion-oriented gift wrap, gift
bags, ribbons, gift enclosure cards, decorative mailing boxes and
more. We lead the industry in not only the artistry and quality of
our products, but in our commitment to sustainability. Our solar
powered headquarters are located in Santa Ana, CA.
Role Summary:We are seeking an experienced and passionate Senior
Graphic Designer who is exceptionally creative, highly organized,
and technically skilled to join our Art Department. Reporting
directly to the Art Director, you will help bring our brand and
products to life with your standout creative concepts, designs,
technical expertise, and ability to pitch in where needed. You will
be a superstar who produces consistently high quality, fresh,
exciting, and aspirational design work daily. Whether designing art
for product, or helping with daily needs that arise, such as
presentations, catalog work, photography, making digital or
physical product mock-ups, production work, etc., you will rise to
the challenge and be able to independently manage time and meet
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience working as a graphic designer in
a similar or closely related role.
- A well-rounded portfolio that highlights design abilities,
strong typographic skills, technical expertise and creative problem
- Illustration and/or surface pattern design experience are
highly preferred but not required.
- Extremely creative, with the ability to come up with and
present fresh ideas and concepts.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to learn new things and keep
current with trends in paper goods, fashion, retailing, lifestyle,
color, and social media.
- Extensive working knowledge and expert use of Adobe Creative
Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Experienced in pre-press best practices and setting up
print-ready files with proper bleeds, dies, special treatment call
- Able to complete production projects, imagery needs, or other
less creative projects as needed.
- Knowledge of photography and photo editing.
- Detail-Oriented, with a keen eye for quality, balance and
- A fast learner who is able to work independently, multi-task,
and has above average time management skills - making them able to
thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- MS Office knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Positive, can-do attitude is an absolute must!
- Art creation, art layout, and art editing for use on our
product line and to fit various templates.
- Researching and keeping up to date with industry and broader
trends in order to develop and create seasonal, or customer
specific, trend guides and mood boards.
- Creating printed and digital presentations to showcase products
- Leadership role in creating our bi-annual 100+ page product
- Pre-press work and making files print ready for off-site
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
creating printed and digital marketing materials, product
collection sheets, fliers, digital product mock-ups using
templates, printed and often hand embellished physical mock-ups,
styling and shooting planned or impromptu photos, organizing
digital or physical art/file archives, reviewing artist
submissions, and creating content for social media.
- Being an integral part of a small, collaborative, fun, team
that enjoys coming to work everyday and making everything we do as
beautiful as possible!
*Applications without a portfolio will not be accepted* Please
submit a PDF portfolio or link to website.*Having illustration
skills is a plus - please highlight if you have any drawing skills,
or experience in surface pattern design.
Keywords: Jillson & Roberts, Santa Ana , Senior Graphic Designer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!