Company: Apex Systems
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: April 3, 2021
WITH CONTACT INFORMATION INCLUDED AND JOE BRADY WILL REACH OUT
TO YOU TO HAVE AN EXPLORATORY CONVERSATION. ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND
INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND BELOW...Essential Functions
- Design, document and deploy cyber security systems that will be
used across the environment.
- Develop and carry out information security plans and
- Provide design validation and troubleshooting for new
technology and major changes within the environment.
- Define, document and enforce standards, processes, procedures,
and workflows within the team to better streamline the group.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the
data residing on or transmitted to/from/through the enterprise
- Participate in defining best of class security practices for
enterprise networks providing high-volume financial services
- Participate in maintenance windows where applicable.
- Collaborate with other technology groups and technology
architects on product strategy discussions.
- Partner with the fellow Security Operations team members to
improve tool usage and workflow in maturation of monitoring and
- On-call resource for Incident Response and operational
- Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of tools, techniques
and process improvements in support of cybersecurity threats and
countermeasures. Maintain working knowledge of advanced threat
detection as the industry evolves.
- Actively engages in the performance of Incident Response
activities, including but not limited to, triage, escalation,
conducting post-mortem and lessons learned review meetings, as well
as remediation tracking.
- Leverage knowledge in multiple security disciplines, such as
Windows, UNIX, Linux, data loss prevention (DLP), file integrity
monitoring (FIM), endpoint controls, databases, wireless security,
data networking and encryption, to offer solutions for a complex
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
risks. Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Excellent hands-on experience with endpoint security and
compliance solutions. Experience with Tanium is a plus
- Understands TCP/OSI Model/IP protocols, network/packet analysis
and intrusion detection/prevention.
- Knowledge with a variety of security-related platforms and
services, including: SIEM systems, Threat Intelligence platforms,
Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) solutions,
and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience with firewalls, IPS/IDS, web filtering, anti-malware
and web application firewall (perimeter and web application).
- Knowledge of cloud security controls (Azure, AWS, Oracle) and
(IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Experience in defining Information Security strategy and
integrating security technologies into corporate frameworks.
- Experience troubleshooting security control related
technologies and solutions.
- Experience in product evaluation and managing vendor
- Experience with NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, IS 27001, PCI-DSS and
SOC standards. FFIEC, NCUA, GLBA a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of security best practices and
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related
product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough
and complete support.
- Demonstrates highly effective verbal/written communication
skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, and influence.
- Has an excellent attention to detail, highly analytical and
problem-solving mindset. Able to identify process improvement
opportunities, separate key issues, consider alternatives or
multiple solutions, and effectively make recommendations.
- Experience in managing change in a fast paced, complex
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Experience with Service Now, Azure DevOps
- OS: UNIX/Linux, Microsoft Windows system internals and
configuration management tools Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Information Security, Telecommunications, or equivalent work
experience with a minimum of 7+ years of IT technical experience
with 5+ years of broad-based experience in security engineering.
License or CertificationALL PREFERRED - CISSP, GIAC, CCNA, PCSNEEEO
Employer Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at or - provided by Dice
Keywords: Apex Systems, Santa Ana , Tanium Engineer, Engineering , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!