Supplier Quality Engineer - Cherry
Company: Precision Castparts Corp.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 17, 2023
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Job Description POSTION
SUMMARYThe Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for executing
and expanding on key initiatives inside of the supplier quality
organization. The candidate is responsible for executing various
supplier quality engineering related activities such as Compliance,
Process, and Product Audits, MRB, FAI Witnessing, Review and Sign
off, Problem Solving, Corrective and Preventive Actions, Supplier
Performance Reporting and other Quality Improvement
Activities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESDuties will include
(but are not limited to):Level I:
- Establishes the quality requirement, assuring that delivered
products/components meet the design and reliability
- Monitors Supplier Key Performance Indicators.
- Investigates and manages supplier non-conforming issues and
related roots causes analysis to implement sustainable corrective
- Reviews and Manages First Article Inspection Reports.
- Initiates and leads root cause analysis for process related
concerns, analyzes process audit results, and recommends proper
corrective action.Level II: Same as Level I, plus:
- Develops the supplier quality system maturity by managing
quality improvement projects
- Collaborates with suppliers to assess manufacturing process for
- Assess suppliers manufacturing and quality processes through
performing supplier audits following various standards depending on
the type of audit (Such as AS9100 Compliance Audits, special
processes, APQP audits, process, and product audits).
- Performs Quality audits on various processes to ensure that all
requirements are being followed
- Supports APQP initiatives for new development programs
- Performs on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and
verification of corrective actions of supplier quality issuesLevel
III: Same as Level II, plus
- Operates within established budgets by developing cost
effective methods to improve quality
- Facilitates the escalation of unresolved supplier quality
issues within assigned projects and suppliers.
- Supports suppliers in the evaluation of existing manufacturing
or business processes, identification of opportunities for
improvement, and development of solutions to optimize supplier
performance using various problem-solving techniques.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to suppliers to
solve process and product quality issues and improve internal and
outgoing quality performance.
- Develops and maintains detailed and accurate reporting of
supplier performance and quality improvement progress.
- Reports weekly and monthly on supplier progress to meet
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and
external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively with all stakeholders
to ensure timely and effective responsiveness to
abnormalities.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Level I: Bachelor's
degree (B. S.) in Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical,
Industrial or Aerospace engineering, or 4 years of equivalent
experience and certifications.Experience: 2+ years of progressive
quality experience in aerospace, automotive, or industrial
manufacturing environmentLevel II: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in
Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial or Aerospace
engineering, or 6 years of equivalent experience and
certifications.Experience: 4+ years of progressive quality
experience in aerospace, automotive, or industrial manufacturing
environmentLevel III: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Engineering,
Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial or Aerospace engineering, or
8 years of equivalent experience and certifications.Experience: 6+
years of progressive quality experience in aerospace, automotive,
or industrial manufacturing environmentDESIRED SKILLS:Six Sigma/ or
ASQ Certification is a plus.NADCAP experience is desirable.Project
Management experience.REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Aerospace and Manufacturing environment.
- Excellent and proven problem-solving skills and strong
- Experience with AS9100 Quality Management System.
- Experience with NADCAP audit and accreditation requirements
(such as Chemical Processing, Heat Treating, NDT and Material Test
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings including
GD&T, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Process improvement experience (Six Sigma and Statistical
Process Control Methods).
- First Article Inspection, Quality Test Plans, and Inspection
- Manages projects, is organized, able to prioritize work, and
make appropriate decisions
- Strong applicable knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational, time management, verbal, and written
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited information
- Familiar with APQP methodology.
- pFMEA (Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
- Traveling is required. This requisition is closed to
applications.We are constantly searching for the best talent and
offer excellent development programs for recent graduates as well
as meaningful work experience for those still studying.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp., Santa Ana , Supplier Quality Engineer - Cherry, Engineering , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!