Civil Engineer, Water/Wastewater
Company: Michael Baker International
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 18, 2023
WATER/WASTEWATER PRACTICEMichael Baker Internationals
Water/Wastewater Group provides innovative consulting, planning and
engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle.
We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional
services and technical analysis, concept through design, and
construction support services. Our water and wastewater engineers
plan, design, and oversee construction and operation of pumping
stations, wells, reservoirs, distribution systems, and sewers, as
well as all processes and structures involved in the treatment of
water and wastewater.DESCRIPTIONTheCivil Engineer, Water/Wastewater
will be joining Michael Baker International's Water group in Santa
Ana, CA andwill make a difference by supporting our many public and
private sector clients throughout beautiful Southern California
with their next challenging projects. The successful candidate will
join a well-established and reputable team of water resources
project managers, engineers, designers, and drafters that is well
funded and stable. It is a rapid growth opportunity that offers the
ability to lead exciting multi-disciplinary water-wastewater design
work for municipal and private developer clients as well as
contractors. Design-build and emergency projects put us in
partnership with owners and contractors and multi-disciplinary
specialists to deliver projects as cohesive teams.
- You will be involved with a variety of water-related projects
such as water and sewer master plans; pipelines, pump stations,
reservoirs, wells, hydraulic structures and water and wastewater
treatment facility designs, including membrane process and
- You will work as part of a project team and be responsible for
planning, design development, calculations, presentations and
overall project development for a variety of projects.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, and specifications for
water and wastewater pipelines and pumping stations.
- Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design
related to water. and wastewater systems.
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings,
specifications, submittals, and miscellaneous contract
- Assist technical marketing during the procurement of key
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with project teams
including other disciplines (cost estimators, GIS, designers, and
other technical staff in and outside Michael Baker).
- Coordination with internal and external partners in
organizational leadership initiativesPROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a Bachelors degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering
with an emphasis on water resources and/or environmental
engineering, or related engineering field and a minimum of 4 years
- Professional Engineer registration in California (P.E.)
preferred or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Be self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a
variety of projects supporting the Water and Wastewater Group.
- Have excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and / or
- Proficient in Hydraulic Modeling of water distribution and
sewer collection systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook,
Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Experience with GIS, and other engineering software is a
- History of leadership and active participation in professional
or company organizations.
- Successful junior staff management and
developmentCOMPENSATIONThe salary range for this position is
$83,000 - $114,000. This will be dependent on the experience and
expertise of the incoming candidate. This compensation range is a
good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual
compensation is dependent upon factors such as education,
qualifications, experience, skillset, and physical work
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible Work SchedulesWorkplace Flexibility: Whether you want
to work in the office, at home, or in a hybrid model, we
accommodate a variety of preferences. We recognize our employees
face many factors when it comes to selecting the best work
location, and we are passionate about providing options and
Keywords: Michael Baker International, Santa Ana , Civil Engineer, Water/Wastewater, Engineering , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!