Assistant Lab Manager - R&D
Company: FISI - FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Overview FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader
in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents,
and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company
provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in
biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine,
assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial
cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and
vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA
regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in
California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative
philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance
provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over
50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible
and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in
media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a
subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.We are hiring for a Assistant
Laboratory Manager-R&D, you will be responsible for R&D
Laboratory including inventory management, Kanban re-reordering
system, purchasing, organization, planning, 5S, schedule vendors
for preventive maintenance under servicing contracts. Manage
R&D Lab with safety and compliance. ** External US
- Maintain R&D Lab for safety and compliance to support
- Manage laboratory inventories with re-ordering points using
Kanban system & lead times.
- Perform periodic (monthly or quarterly) reconciliation of
physical and electronic laboratory inventories.
- Prepare Purchasing Orders, track items, receive packages,
update inventory, and document all paperwork for audit trails for
Quality and Finance.
- Under servicing contracts, coordinate with outside vendors to
perform scheduled preventive maintenance and/or calibration to
prevent unplanned down times.
- Track actual spending against budget with preferred
- Manage and update Lab Protocol and Safety SOPs as
- Perform other related duties as assigned by
- S. in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry or
- 3-5 years of related laboratory experience, experience with ISO
13485 and 21 CRF 820.
- Preferred understanding of cell culture techniques,
technologies, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Robust organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and
- Understanding of GMP and GLP.
- Problem solving and analysis.Ability to speak, read, and write
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Good oral and written communication skills and good
presentation skills.FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law.To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any
employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted
by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM
via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed
the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment
agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid
agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who
was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is
hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Keywords: FISI - FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Santa Ana , Assistant Lab Manager - R&D, Executive , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!