Director of Underwriting, Franchise Accounts
Company: Veros Credit
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About UsVeros Credit is a leading provider of auto financing
solutions. We specialize in the acquisition and servicing of motor
vehicle retail installment contracts through our vast network of
franchise and independent automobile dealers. Our 20+ years of
subprime and near prime auto lending experience, combined with our
commitment to strong personal relationships with our dealers and
customers, enables us to deliver quality service and a robust
lending program. We offer a dynamic and friendly "business casual"
work environment, competitive pay and an outstanding benefits
package. Some of our benefit offerings include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan w/ Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Sick Leave
- And a lot more! At Veros Credit, we value our employees and
encourage their professional growth and success by investing in
training and promoting from within.
About The PositionThe Director of Underwriting, Franchise Accounts
will plan, direct and coordinate the operations of a team of Credit
Analysts. The Director will also be responsible for conducting
objective and independent analysis of complex credit data and
financial statements of customers to determine the degree of risk
involved in extending credit and underwriting loans accordingly.
- Monitor performance to ensure that the centralized franchise
credit team meets or exceeds established departmental goals.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the franchise underwriting
department such as developing reports, monitoring department
performance, and implementing departmental and organizational
policies and procedures to maximize performance and increase
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, policies, and
procedures to establish and maintain organizational structure.
- Participate in the recruitment, coaching, evaluation and
development of department employees.
- Review credit applications and make sound decisions based on
- Analyze credit risk and financial information such as payment
to income, loan to value, credit history, and other data to
determine the quality and profitability of a loan.
- Interact daily with franchise automotive dealerships to
negotiate and capture approvals.
- Prepare objective credit analysis reports including trend
analysis, industry comparison, and projections for presentation to
management and other departments.
- Meet target goals for productivity and quality in a consistent
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of credit review/analysis experience with 5+ years of
progressive management or supervisory experience in the franchise
indirect auto finance industry.
- In depth understanding of underwriting processes and lender
- Strong communication and decision-making skills with the
ability to interact with others in a professional, tactful and
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to
- Strong leadership skills such as critical thinking, problem
solving, planning and organizing, decision making, and delegation
with the ability to manage and direct the work of others.
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to work in a
fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Veros Credit, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Veros Credit, Santa Ana , Director of Underwriting, Franchise Accounts, Executive , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!