Global FAS Manager- Discovery Research
Company: FISI - FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Overview FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader
in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents,
and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company
provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in
biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine,
assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial
cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and
vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA
regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in
California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative
philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance
provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over
50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible
and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in
media products and services. - FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is
a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.We are hiring a Global Field
Application Scientist Manager - Discovery Research. The Global
Field Application Scientist Manager- Discovery Research will
lead/manage regionally deployed Field Applications Scientist (FAS)
in achieving both short-term and long-term company goals. Develop
and lead a highly technical team to support the overall sales
organization with an ultimate goal of product adoption and revenue
generation** External US Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and developing a FAS team that
continuously provides excellent applications support, creates
product value, and ensures an exceptional customer experience.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and on boarding new FAS
hires, ensures all requirements are completed, and address any
- Ensure FAS are meeting their individual and regional goals and
review tracking systems, implement countermeasures as
- Work closely with District/ Area managers to align on key
strategic commercial objectives
- Act as a technical liaison between the FAS team and the
internal technical groups to bridge possible gaps in technical
- Identifying relevant technical application field needs to
better support the sales organization
- Support the FAS team members in their presentations at customer
sites, trade shows, and technical seminars. This includes reviewing
content and evaluating presentation skills and communication
clarity of each team members.
- Support FAS team in participating in the review or generation
of technical documents such as posters, customer facing slide
decks, PABs and literature.
- Ensure the team is tracking and documenting all customer
technical complaints into current CRM.
- Provide feedback to inside personnel on technical application
changes in the marketplace and competitive intelligence.
- Communicating product ideas, applications, and unmet markets,
based on Voice of Customers
- Completing all reports and any additional paperwork required in
a timely fashion.
- Working within travel and expense guidelines.
- Attending tradeshows and participating in marketing
- PhD. in a Life Science from four-year accredited college or
university; plus 3-5 years related commercial experience in
Technical Applications, Research and Development, preferably
associated with Disease Modeling, Drug Discovery, or Stem Cell
- Leadership and management skills appropriate to lead a team (3
- 5 individuals) expected to achieve company and market goals, both
short-term and long-term (opportunity evolution to secure 'future'
- Strong business acumen and market knowledge.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of
competitor products in the drug discovery space.
- Intermediate to high level experience in a technical
- Self-starter with can-do attitude & ability to prioritize
business critical activities.FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other
characteristic -protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law.To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any
employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted
by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM
via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed
the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment
agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid
agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who
was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is
hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Keywords: FISI - FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Santa Ana , Global FAS Manager- Discovery Research, Executive , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!