Company: Aston Carter
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: March 13, 2023
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and monitors the scheduling,
pricing, scope creep and technical performance of the designated
projects to ensure that objectives and goals are accomplished
within prescribed contract schedule and funding. Responsible for
aiding in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and
coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and
financial conditions of contracts. Develops new business and
expands product line. Ensures adherence to master plans and
schedules and develops solutions to program problems. Recommends
changes to improve process efficiency and alleviate process
inaccuracy and duplication.Specific Duties &
Responsibilities:Essential functions of the position include, but
are not limited to:
- Effectively leads a team in a matrix organization.
- Leads execution of projects to meet or exceed the financial
goal and is directly responsible for program profit or loss;
manages programs whose total sales volumes do not exceed
- Leads bid preparation and ensures that the sales and
profitability objectives for the Business Unit are met or
- Develops and maintains effective customer and vendor interfaces
throughout and after the lifespan of each project.
- Provides leadership in program planning, policies, procedures,
design, productivity, and product innovation.
- Recognizes and develops business opportunities that arise as a
part of each program's conduct and communicates timely with the
Business Development function.
- Effectively presents information and responds to customers,
managers, and employees.
- Coordinates engineering activities within the department and
with other departments.
- Ensures accurate and timely data is provided to Management on
gross margin/contribution to facilitate assessment of target
- Recognizes and encourages development of patentable
technologies and products containing the company's intellectual
- Develops and establishes guidelines for project/program
- Ensures department procedures are followed.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.Education &
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College in an Engineering
discipline or acceptable industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience within an engineering services and
product development business.
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- Experience in parachute technological design and components and
systems are highly desirable.
- Recognized certification in project management is highly
- Good team leadership and interpersonal skills to promote
enthusiasm and ensure team success.
- Plans effectively to achieve program goals and milestones.
- Utilizes analytical judgment within program parameters.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedures/
effectively presents information and responds to questions groups
of managers, clients, and customers.
- Working knowledge of office machines and PC computers.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerPoint and
Outlook is required.
- Utilizes project management and planning tools, such as MS
- General knowledge of aeronautical and mechanical engineering
design principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels, between various
- Periodic travel is required to support training and audits at
two locations, as well as project functions such as supplier
visits, product testing, and technical customer meetingsWork
- This position will require a working environment mix comprised
of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic
and international). While performing the duties of this job, the
employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test
conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions
prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The
noise level is normally moderate and may be occasionally high About
Aston Carter: Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter.
We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll
never solicit money from you. At Aston Carter, we're dedicated to
expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who
power our business. Our success is driven by the talented,
motivated people who join our team across a range of positions -
from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of
our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career
success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth
is limitless. Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading
staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and
premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America.
Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our
clients' capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions
to address today's workforce challenges. For organizations looking
for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals,
visit . Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global
leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity
employer and will consider all applications without regards to
race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would
like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the
modification or adjustment of the job application process or
interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email for
other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about
this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom
of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for
questions about this position.
Keywords: Aston Carter, Santa Ana , Project Manager, Executive , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...