Senior IT Project Manager
Company: First American
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Join a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, Data & Analytics is a national provider of property-centric information, analytics, risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains and curates the industry's largest property and ownership dataset with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and products include: DataTree, FraudGuard, RegsData, TaxSource and ACI. The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than 20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions. Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
IT Project Management focuses on projects that involve software development as well as hardware/infrastructure projects. The IT Project Manager,Sr independently oversees large and complex projects on an ongoing and regular basis. Responsible for project planning and statusing, risk management, and issue resolution. Duties may include: assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project, communicating project status and issues to team and management, acting to reduce risk and resolve issues. Coordinates with other projects, work groups, and vendors.
* Independently oversee programs or multiple projects, typically large size and complexity.
* Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects.
* Develop project deliverables including project plans, schedules, and status reports.
* Facilitate meetings including preparing agendas and coordinating schedules and materials, documenting meeting minutes, following-up on action items; gathering, organizing and distributing project related. documentation.
* Participate in the creation and execution of project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Minimize our exposure and risk across multiple projects; Conduct risk monitoring and controls during a project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
* Administer the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and review vendor deliverables.
* Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* 8 - 10 years' experience or more with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Visio)
* 8 - 10 years' experience with Microsoft Project and PPM Tools
* 8 - 10 years or more Title insurance/Mortgage acumen and IT experience
* Knowledge of IT delivery methodologies (RUP, ITIL, Agile, Waterfall)
* Detail oriented possessing strong organization and planning skills
* Strong analytical skills as well as ability to work independently and within a team environment
* Strong organization and planning skills
* Strong Project Accounting skills: Manage project budgets :including develops project cost estimates and forecasting
* Professional communication skills
* Ability to communicate project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project
* Ability to confronts issues openly and quickly and tactfully communicates sensitive information
* Ability to handle difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion and respect for the individual
* Listen to others and accept input from team members
* BS/BA preferred or equivalent experience
Typical Range of Experience
* Typically have 8 - 10 years of directly related experience
License or Certification
* PMP Certificate preferred
* CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Preferred
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification preferred
Pay Range: $125K-$140K
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate's education, training, experience, and geographic location
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American, Santa Ana , Senior IT Project Manager, Executive , Santa Ana, California
here to apply!