VP, Identity & Access Manager
Company: Banc of California
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) is a bank holding company
with approximately $9.4 billion in assets and one wholly-owned
banking subsidiary, Banc of California, N.A. (the "Bank"). With our
600+ dedicated professionals, we provide customized and innovative
banking and lending solutions to businesses, entrepreneurs and
individuals throughout California. We proudly partner with
community organizations that provide financial literacy, job
training, small business support, and affordable housing to help
improve the communities where we live and work. With a commitment
to service and building enduring relationships, we provide a higher
standard of banking. JOB SUMMARY: The Identity & Access Manager
will lead the enterprise IAM program by defining its strategy,
roadmap, and collaborating with other teams to support its vision.
The incumbent will be responsible for reducing risk, increasing
operational effectiveness, and improving the user experience of
employees and customers. The role will lead the IAM team
responsible for engineering, operations, and IAM system support,
and serve as a subject matter expert by contributing to the
engineering and operational activities of the team. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define processes to manage the lifecycle of user accounts and
identities in the IT landscape.
- Lead IAM product rationalization and design, including cloud
identity, non-employee identity, consumer/customer identity, Azure
Active Directory, Privileged Access Management, Multi-Factor
Authentication, Single Sign-On, and other IAM capabilities.
- Develop architectural artifacts, models, patterns, and drive
standards for cloud identity including, Key Management, API, PKI
and CI/CD pipeline access. -
- Develop and implement communications framework and operational
metrics to inform stakeholders of health of the identity platforms
and processes. -
- Coordinate and work with other teams to support the IAM program
and strategic vision, including Enterprise Architecture,
Cybersecurity Architecture, Infrastructure, Applications,
Development, and Business teams.
- Design solutions to resolve complex technical and business
issues related to Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) and
help develop and drive IAM projects, strategic initiatives, budget,
- Establish strong cross-functional relationships and
partnerships with the groups mentioned above and lead the
enterprise IAM strategy to stay aligned with emerging trends while
effectively serving the bank's user-base.
- Represent and advocate the perspectives of a principal security
engineer or manager in any situation as necessary and operate as an
expert in the IGA Architecture discipline.
- Effectively manage and mentor the IAM team to ensure
high-performance delivery, develop team members' skills, and
provide guidance and direction to achieve the IAM program's goals
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned. Banc of
California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a
diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over),
ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and
grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave,
disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital
status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics),
genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin
(including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender
identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation. If you require
reasonable accommodation as part of the application process please
contact Talent Acquisition Partner. ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM)
technologies, processes, and standards.
- Knowledge of Identity Governance and Administration (IGA)
solutions and best practices.
- Familiarity with legal, regulatory, and enterprise security
policies related to IAM.
- Ability to design solutions to complex technical and business
issues related to IAM.
- Deep understanding of cloud identity and access management
(IAM) solutions, including Azure AD, GCP IAM, and AWS IAM, with the
ability to configure and manage IAM for a variety of use cases,
such as single sign-on (SSO), multi-factor authentication (MFA),
and integration with other cloud services.
- Familiarity with cloud access control solutions, including
Azure RBAC, GCP Identity-Aware Proxy (IAP), and AWS RBAC, with the
ability to configure and manage access control policies for cloud
resources based on specific roles and permissions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the
ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to
lead and motivate a team of IAM professionals.
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships with
stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability
to make decisions and drive initiatives forward.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with the ability
to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- If applicable, demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to,
monitoring of, and responsibility for compliance with state and
federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position
including but not limited to: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act),
Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act
(FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement
Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank
Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act,
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP),
Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal), Community
Reinvestment Act (CRA), and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures; write
enterprise-level reports, documentation, and correspondence; speak
clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable
terminology. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Experience with IAM product rationalization and design,
including cloud identity, non-employee identity, consumer/customer
identity, Azure Active Directory, Privileged Access Management,
Multi-Factor Authentication, Single Sign-On, and other IAM
- Experience with developing and implementing IAM strategies and
- Experience with budget management, project management, and team
leadership in the IAM space.
- Experience in architecture principles and design, systems
thinking, business requirements engineering, enterprise
architecture, solutions architecture, and cybersecurity
- Experience with cloud-based federated identity and access
management solutions, such as OAuth, SAML, and OpenID Connect, as
well as multi-factor authentication (MFA) and privileged access
management (PAM) solutions, with the ability to integrate and
manage these solutions across multiple cloud platforms.
- 5+ years of experience in Identity and Access Management, with
at least 2 years in a leadership or management role.
- Experience with IAM system support, engineering, and
- Experience with Identity Governance and Administration (IGA)
solutions and processes.
- Experience with cloud identity and security solutions.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity principles and best
- Experience working in a financial institution or other highly
regulated industry is preferred. SALARY RANGE: -$141,416.58 -
191,580.00; Exact compensation may vary based on skills,experience,
and location. -
Keywords: Banc of California, Santa Ana , VP, Identity & Access Manager, Executive , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...