Company: Hamilton Porter LLC
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Government Underwriter - REMOTE
Hamilton Porter is a nationwide boutique recruiting firm, proud to
be representing outstanding opportunities on behalf of our
portfolio of reputable companies. We work hard to serve as a one
stop shop to our candidates, which means if this opportunity looks
appealing, send us your resume and we'll be in touch, as ideally we
will be able to present you with additional companies that should
match your career interests, as we like to equip our candidates
Our client has been in business for over 20 years and is a leading
direct mortgage lender offering an array of mortgage loan options.
Including wholesale and correspondent lending, jumbo and Non-QM,
FHA and VA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae, purchase
lending and refinance, government lending programs, and investment
solutions. They are your one stop shop for excellent personalized
banking options. The company has a large beautiful office in Santa
Ana, CA and is currently at a size of about 150 outstanding
employees. Due to Covid-19 and for the safety of the team, work is
being done a 100% remote and likely will remain remote until 2021,
of which employees will likely have the option to choose if they
want to remain remote or come in to the office.
The Government Underwriter is responsible for reviews and evaluates
information on mortgage loan documents to determine if the
borrower, property, and transaction meet company guidelines.
Responsible for rendering a decision within company guidelines and
communicating the decision to all applicable parties. Must be able
to work independently, or as a team; have critical thinking skill,
have excellent written, and verbal communication skills. Maintains
exceptional customer service to remain consistent with company
culture. This Underwriter will deal with numbers, calculations and
must possess a good auditing and analytical skills including a firm
knowledge on math. A good skill in decisions making is also vital
since the majority of mortgage underwriters are deciding and
evaluating whether to approve or deny the client's loan
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- We provide a competitive base ($80K - $95K DOE) Potential Sign
on Bonus, with extra performance-based bonus earnings, paid out
monthly! Chance to earn overtime pay is offered! In fact, our Top
5% of Underwriters earns over $200K!
- Flexible Work culture, with complete benefits package,
including 401K, PTO, paid company holidays, and company paid life
- Stability/ Growth (have been in business well over 20 years and
frequently promote from within!)
- Join a reputable Lender that has funded more than $20 billion
in mortgage loans.
What You Will Be Doing
- Review credit documents in accordance to JMAC, FHA, VA, and
- Review borrower's income and assets in accordance to JMAC, FHA,
VA, and USDA/RD guidelines.
- Review subject property title and appraisal in accordance to
JMAC, FHA, VA, and USDA/RD guidelines.
- Must be able to make loan decisions independently (Approve or
- Sign off on conditions.
- Verify the consistency of information throughout the file
- Utilize FHA Connection, FHA EAD, VA VIP/WebLGY, and GUS to
complete, correct, or verify the validity of required forms.
- Complete assigned files within established turn times.
- Maintain communication, and customer service with file contacts
throughout the loan process.
What You Need for this Position
- Minimum 2 or more years of recent experience as a DE and SAR
- Minimum 2 or more years of recent experience in FHA and
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of current FHA, and
- Basic knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to the
mortgage-banking industry (i.e. TRID, ECOA, Fair Lending etc.)
- DU/LP/TOTAL Scorecard knowledge required.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively interact
- 6 months or more experience with USDA/RD is preferred, but not
Keywords: Hamilton Porter LLC, Santa Ana , Government Underwriter, Government & Protective Services , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!