Clinical Research RN - Cancer Research (RN #)
Company: Necnic Group, LLC
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Clinical Research RN - Cancer Research Full-time position Shift:
8 hour, Days Job Summary :
Under the direction of the Cancer Research Manager, the Cancer
Center Medical Director and other participating physicians conducts
all protocol specific research activities including but not limited
to recruitment, assessment/consent process, treatment, patient care
(standard and protocol-related), data collection/CRF completion,
participating in monitoring visits, responding to monitoring/audit
reports, and conduct of patient follow-up in conjunction with
Investigators. Ensure that research undertaken is conducted within
ICH Good Clinical Practices Guidelines, IRB policies and all state
and federal regulatory agencies. In conjunction with the
multidisciplinary team and research department staff, facilitate
the production of good quality program research, work with Nurse
Navigators to monitor patients through programs and assist patients
in navigating through hospital systems and research protocols.
- Participate in clinical research studies conducted by program
Investigators and cancer research staff in support of activities
that meet the objectives of assigned research protocols including
planning, development, implementation and follows-up on all the
phases of the clinical activities and research studies.
- Work in conjunction with CRAs for proper patient supervision
and performs specialized nursing functions requiring a high level
of knowledge and expertise.
- Follow protocol specific guidelines to monitor patient's status
throughout the study including: collection of the data and/or
administration of clinical tests; screen patients for
study-specific inclusion/exclusion; provide basic patient care
(health status, lab findings and reactions) and study related care
in conjunction with the treating physician investigator.
- Conduct informed consent process with patient and physician to
explain purpose of the study, explain diagnostic and/or
study-related procedures as set forth in the protocol and answer
all patient and family questions and concerns in conjunction with
Investigator and research department staff.
- Obtain patient blood samples, cultures, tissues and other
specimens for laboratory analysis; initiate drug orders; laboratory
orders and/or administer study drug for applicable research
- Monitor patient adverse events and follow them closely in
conjunction with the treating Investigator to ensure patient safety
and protocol adherence.
- Collect information from patient charts, medical records,
interviews, questionnaires and other resources; code, evaluate and
interpret data collected and prepare appropriate summary reports as
- Assist patients from the point of diagnosis (as applicable to
research study participation) to anticipate patient concerns,
negotiate and coordinate appointments (with Clinical Trials
Assistant), obtain second opinions, and ensure patients have access
to educational materials and support needs.
- Assists patients with referrals to other members of the Cancer
Team including but not limited to, financial counseling, clinical
social work, dietician and community support agencies as
- Serves as a reliable source of information for patients
regarding diagnostic testing, next steps, and treatment options,
while at the same time providing holistic care (including
psychosocial, emotional, financial and spiritual support).
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with cancer
physicians, office managers and diagnostic services utilized in the
screening, treatment and research protocols.
- Assist in identifying Cancer Institute site-specific research
studies and incorporating them into practice guidelines including
the NCCN based Treatment Guidelines.
- Assist Principal Investigators in protocol development;
contribute to analysis and interpretation of clinical results as
appropriate; and present at Research meetings/conferences as
- Participate in the assessment of feasibility and implementation
aspects of proposed clinical trials.
- Promote the enrollment of patient into clinical studies among
program investigators and patients. Skills:
- Knowledge of Oncology: the disease process, chemotherapy and
radiation therapy treatment protocols, side effects, and outcomes
for these processes.
- Ability to support dying patients and provide supportive
- Thinks analytically and critically while having the ability to
synthesize and present data in an organized, fluid manner.
- Skills to effectively communicate, problem-solve, and maintain
productive and effective interpersonal relationships while
- Ability to work independently, triage patients and keep
physicians informed of patient status.
- Work with outside agencies on a routine basis and maintains
positive working relationships.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Able to give constructive feedback, works with teams, teaches
staff and patients.
- Knowledge of Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Familiar with ICH/GCP, FDA, and IRB guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications.
- Ability to function independently and assertively in a
- Knowledge of Universal Precautions when handling and shipping
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Computer skills. Experience: 1 year of Nursing experience in
Research or Oncology Nursing. Licenses and Certifications:
- Current CA RN License.
- BLS certification.
- OCN within 2 years of employment. Preferred Position
Qualifications: Education: Coursework/Training - GCP training.
Experience: 1 year of Oncology Clinical Trials (Sponsor and
Cooperative Group). Keyphrases: oncology jobs, oncologist jobs,
gynecology oncologist jobs, pediatric oncology jobs, radiation
oncologist jobs, pediatric oncologist jobs, radiation oncology
jobs, hematology oncology jobs, gynecological oncology jobs,
oncology nurse jobs, oncology hematology jobs, clinical oncology
jobs, clinical oncologist jobs
Keywords: Necnic Group, LLC, Santa Ana , Clinical Research RN - Cancer Research (RN #), Healthcare , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!