EMT- Basic - Located in Compton, CA
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Located in Compton, CAMore Information about this Job:EMT (Full
Time)Compton, CAInternal Applicants please apply through the Home
Portal.JOB SUMMARY The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds
to emergent and non-emergent requests for medical assistance and
delivers high quality patient care, treatment, and customer service
in the most expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost
effective manner possible within the prescribed scope of practice,
established protocols and Company policies. Essential Duties and
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols,
response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system
components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent
with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation
of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy
and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through
knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of
mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness
and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in
vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the units
ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate EMT documentation as outlined in
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the
Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- CA Drivers License
- Ambulance Drivers License (from DMV)
- Medical Examiners Card or DL51 (from DMV)
- State of California EMT License
- CPR Card ( American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care
Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable )
- Driving record in compliance with McCormicks Safety and Driving
policy ( proof required if conditional employment is made )
- ICS courses, please refer to link
- --- IS-100B (ICS 100)--- IS-200B (ICS 200)--- IS-700A (NIMS)---
IS-800B (NIMS) Click Here For Full Job Description NOTE REGARDING
COVID-19: Upon accepting an offer and joining the GMR family, new
hires may be required to submit a COVID-19 vaccination status of
either vaccinated or not vaccinated EEO Statement: Global Medical
Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity
Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing
reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability. More
Information about this Job: Company Benefits: Check out our careers
site benefits page to learn more about our benefit options. Salary
Range: $17.00 - $19.57 DOE (This rate applies to a 12 and 24 hour
Keywords: AMR, Santa Ana , EMT- Basic - Located in Compton, CA, Healthcare , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...