Jumbo Underwriter - Remote Opportunity
Company: JMAC Lending, Inc.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Location: Santa Ana, CA or Remote Opportunity The Opportunity:
Please answer the application questions. Analyze and evaluate
residential loan applications in accordance with investor, agency
and internal guidelines. Examine loan documentation for accuracy
and completeness to ensure loans meet eligibility requirements and
to mitigate risk or loss to the company. Work closely with all
channels (including wholesale, correspondent and retail) Account
Executives and Operations staff. Provide outstanding levels of
customer service through great communication and close attention to
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze all loan documents, which
include the following: AUS decision report, credit report, all
sources of income including complex personal and business returns,
assets, preliminary title report, appraisal, purchase agreement,
escrow instructions, occupancy verification, red flags and fraud
- Extensive knowledge of complex tax returns including multiple
businesses and multiple financed properties
- Able to handle multiple investors guidelines and great
knowledge of Appendix Q.
- Input data into DU/LP and run final AUS.
- Maintain quality and production standards as set forth by
- Underwriter files and clear conditions on loans with attention
to detail as well as with a sense of urgency for our
- Input loan data and decisions accurately into current operating
- Examine transaction matrix, internal, and investor overlays to
ensure compliance with investor guidelines.
- Implement and enforce fraud detection techniques. Request
supplemental information/documentation as necessity dictates.
Recognize risk factors that may compromise overall quality of loan
- Aid in the resolution of any applicable pre-funding or post
purchase loan deficiencies by assisting the post-closing department
in curing any outstanding conditions or concerns.
- Effectively communicate orally and/or via email all loan
decisions rendered on files in a professional and positive manner
to maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and
- Maintain consistent communication with brokers and sales staff
to ensure all questions are answered in a timely manner while
demonstrating outstanding level of customer service skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- Based on business needs overtime may be required--
--Professional Experience,--Education, and Qualifications:--
- Must have recent underwriting experience with all Conventional
loans products for a minimum of 2 years and is current within the
last 6 -9 months on all updated guidelines, policies and
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while
maintaining a high level of quality.
- Extensive knowledge of all FNMA/FHLMC and investor
- Strong attention to detail, organization and communication
- Communication skills, verbal and written, capable of expressing
complex issues and soliciting input from a broad audience. Perks
with JMAC Lending:--
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities.
- PTO days in addition to 9 paid company holidays.
- Game room, and creative fun environment.--
- Starbucks daily, and month-end snacks.
- Remote and on-site position.-- About JMAC Lending:-- JMAC
Lending has been in business for more than 20 years. Servicing
clients better with our innovative products, exceptional service,
support and our dedication to helping our partners grow our
business. The core of our culture and business approach is to
go--Beyond Current--market options to be the go-to lender of choice
for our clients.--Our associates hold distinguished credentials and
participate in continuing education, to ensure knowledge is
carefully balanced with experience. Our company was built on our
adherence to the highest ethical standards, while efficiently and
carefully executing the delivery of product pricing for wholesale
and correspondent lending for our clients. JMAC Lending, Inc. is an
equal employment employer and committed to workforce diversity.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regards to
age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.--
DISCLAIMER: JMAC Lending is an evolving company. As such this job
description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working
conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks
be performed as assigned. Are you currently employed? If not, why
are you unemployed? --*
Are you able to provide verification of your legal right to work in
the US? --*
-- How many many years do you have underwriting Conventional loans
(FNMA & FHLMA)? --*
What percentage of loans are Conventional are you
Keywords: JMAC Lending, Inc., Santa Ana , Jumbo Underwriter - Remote Opportunity, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!