Office Clerk Cashier
Company: White Cap
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: May 7, 2022
A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an
exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have
a variety of career opportunities. The White Cap family is
committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being
deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment. Job
Summary Responsible for processing all point of sale transactions
through the cash registers, accurately and in a timely manner. This
position does not have any supervisory responsibilities. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Processes all customer sales transactions, tendering cash,
credit, and open account information according to policy.
- Provides exceptional customer service including actively
- Helps sales desk with product returns and returning merchandise
to stock as necessary or requested.
- Verifies till balances at the beginning and end of each
- Maintains clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Supports and promotes special sale items and other promotional
- Validates customer purchase by checking product against receipt
to ensure accuracy as customers exit the store.
- Retrieves and stocks carts. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service.
- Experience using sales order computer software, familiarity
with Oracle preferred.
- Knowledge of company construction and industrial products. If
you're looking to play a role in building America, consider one of
our open opportunities. We can't wait to meet you. Functional Area
Sales Recruiter Machart, Frank Req ID WCJR-004378 White Cap is an
Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Santa Ana , Office Clerk Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!