HR Leave of Absence Specialist
Company: Allied Universal
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Overview:At Allied Universal -, we continue to build an
inclusive, Be Phenomenal - culture that encourages, supports, and
celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and
connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we
serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We
offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within
culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began
their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on
our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision
coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs,
company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal - today!Job
Description:Allied Universal Security is looking for a Leave of
Absence Specialist to be located at our Corporate Headquarters in
Santa Ana, CA. Under direction of the Leaves of Absence Manager,
the Leaves of Absence Specialist is part of a team primarily
responsible for the oversight of the Company's national Leaves of
Absence program supported by our third-party administrator, to
ensure compliance based on federal and state regulations and ensure
on-going claim management is within company service standards
- Provide leave of absence claim management oversight, with the
support of our third-party administrator.
- Analyze and track data output related to denied leaves or
employees that do not return to work at end of their approved
leave. Work with human resources and employees' management on steps
to take to bring employee back to work or take other appropriate
- Respond to requests from state agencies related to state paid
disability and leave programs.
- Provide excellent customer service by providing timely
responses while offering education along with expert guidance to
all potential LOA inquiries.
- Support the day-to-day outsourced LOA administration while
developing and maintaining relationships with HR and benefits
teams, managers, employees and corporate counsel as needed.
- Participate in and support management and co-workers with
specific audit and compliance projects.
- Properly engage with managers and Human Resources in the
interactive process and document the process related to reasonable
- Serve as a point of contact for phone, emails and mail
communications with employees, management and human resources staff
regarding all leaves of absence and related processes.
- Provide instruction to employees and training of management and
HR staff on appropriate procedure for all types of leaves,
including "interactive process discussions" training.
- Maintain LOA HRIS (WinTeam, by TeamSoftware).
- Oversee integration of leaves (i.e. Workman's compensation with
FMLA) and integration with other functions (benefits during LOA,
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required;
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1+ years experience in HR or Leave of Absence in a high volume,
fast paced environment on a national level.
- In-depth knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act, Military
Leaves, and other applicable federal and state laws, as well as
company leave policies.
- Working knowledge of integration of leaves and benefits
- Excellent demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive
information in a strictly confidential manner, exhibiting a high
degree of ethics, professionalism and service orientation in all
activities and all interactions with internal and external
- Must be a proactive problem solver and team player, with an
above-average attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must exhibit a high degree of flexibility and initiative, with
the ability to effectively operate with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products
(Word/Excel/PowerPoint/ Outlook), and internet and website
navigation required. Analytical and technical support required.
Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to
take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple
competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the
organizationClosing:Allied Universal - is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic
information, disability, protected veteran status or
relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other
basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information:
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity,
Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using
the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or
require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or
employment process, please contact our local Human Resources
department. To find an office near you, please visit:
Requisition ID: 2022-782484
Keywords: Allied Universal, Santa Ana , HR Leave of Absence Specialist, Human Resources , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!