IT Applications Manager
Company: First American Corp.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Join a team that puts its People First! As a member of the First
American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal
savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and
trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than
five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an
unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what
they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an
environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be
innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive,
people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades,
including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work
For-- list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as
a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and
have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work
lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to
work, for all. For more information, please visit
Manages a group of technical professionals (typically skilled
exempt level employees) who have responsibility for operations and
project outcomes. Provides direct and indirect supervision of
- Contributes to project reviews and approves detailed designs
and cost estimates for projects.
- Sets priorities on daily operations, provides input to and
administers cost center spending.
- Participates in long-range departmental planning.
- Recommends methodologies.
- Interfaces with management inside and outside of the company to
provide input to operational decisions and to clarify or modify
project plans, and/ or schedule requirements.
- Writes and conducts employee performance reviews, and provides
ongoing performance feedback. Makes hiring recommendations. May get
input from Sr. Manager/ Director in these areas.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for positions that
report to him/her.
- Regularly interacts with senior management and peers in other
departments for purposes of gaining cooperation, exchanging
technical information, and presenting project plans and
- Facilitates work and problem resolution between work groups.
May lead cooperative inter-department projects and/or process
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based
on business needs.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Varies by department. Department directors identify, document
and communicate technical skill and knowledge requirements for each
job in their department.Management and Leadership
- Successful track record of managing operations; and designing,
developing and managing the execution of projects in area of
- Ability to develop and implement processes to ensure compliance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships within and between departments.
- Strategic Management: Ability to communicate the function's
vision and the department's direction, and set aligned goals for
team. Provides resources and implements systems to measure
- Team Development: Ability to select, coach and develop talent
and hold employees accountable for results. Supports change and
- Ethics: Deals with others in an honest manner, assures
adherence to company policies, addresses questionable business
- Customer Focus: Fosters customer loyalty and demonstrates
commitment to customer satisfaction. Keeps customers apprised of
progress and ensures commitments are met.
- Communication: Provides others with reliable information,
creates and delivers accurate reports and presentations. Uses good
listening skills. Negotiates effectively.
- Normally requires Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work
Typical Range of Experience
- 5+ years of technical experience as a senior contributor.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory or management experience in a
similar technical environment.
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid
sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase
Keywords: First American Corp., Santa Ana , IT Applications Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!