Front-End Engineer (BTS- Business Technology Solutions)
Company: First American Financial Corp.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Front-End Engineer (BTS- Business Technology Solutions) Job
Family: Information Technology Requisition Number: R024518 Work
Location: Santa Ana , CA Employment Category: Full Time - Regular
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American
(NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are
passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about
fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and
empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our
inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous
accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies
to Work For-- list for six consecutive years. We have also earned
awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+
employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best
places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a
great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit
www.careers.firstam.com. Job Summary First American is building a
cutting edge, internal consulting team to grow our business through
delighting our customer. If you crave customer satisfaction, are
lit up by technology and live for transformation, this is the job
for you. As a front-end software development engineer on the team,
you will translate concepts and business requirements in user
flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to an
intuitive user experience. You will work closely with product owner
and stake holder to gain clear understanding of product vision and
requirements. You will also provide strategic design and
user-experience recommendations based on the core features and new
features of our products. You will collaborate with scrum team to
accomplish business goals. The ideal candidate is passionate about
new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in
delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork,
hustle, and strong communication skills to both business and
technical partners are absolute requirements. This person has
thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology
products/services and will flourish in an environment where new
opportunities and challenges arise frequently. We seek a great team
player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people
around them. High collaboration with Product and Design are
imperative. The ability to build productive relationships with
colleagues and customers will make you successful in this role.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather business user interface
- Design a user experience and create an engaging user interface
for our customer facing applications.
- Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of the
- Create guidelines and best practices to create an excellent
- Have a passion for usability, simplicity, and visual
consistency.Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the
technical strategy & architecture for a broad area Basic
- BA/BS degree in the field of Design or Computer Science.
- 4+ years of previous professional UX design experience.
- Ability to prototype UI with CSS, HTML, JSON, React, Angular,
- Experience as a designer working closely with development teams
in an agile environment.
- Familiarity with design patterns, user experience guidelines
and best practices for all platform product experiences.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, facilitation,
presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Capability to identify design problems and provide quality
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and stay current with modern design
trends and techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal
- A rigorous focus on security at all levels of the application,
a "shift left" mentality Basic Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a consulting environment.
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI refactoring for a
more intuitive user experience.
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process,
subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert
review, and offering implementation suggestions from a
- Evaluate the quality of the user experience. Test, analyze and
report results, and make recommendations to improve effectiveness,
efficiency, and overall satisfaction of the user.
- Familiarity in Financial and Insurance industry is a plus.
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer. Based on eligibility, First American
offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an
employee stock purchase plan. Returning users, access your profile
or edit/update your resume. Careers // Front-End Engineer (BTS-
Business Technology Solutions) - R02451... First American Title
Insurance Company makes no express or implied warranty respecting
the information presented and assumes no responsibility for errors
or omissions. First American, the eagle logo, firstam.com, and
First American Title are registered trademarks or trademarks of
First American Financial Corporation and/or its affiliates.
Keywords: First American Financial Corp., Santa Ana , Front-End Engineer (BTS- Business Technology Solutions), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!