Senior Embedded Software Engineer- C Programming
Company: Romeo Power
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Romeo Power (NYSE: RMO) is on a mission to power the world's
transition to electrification. This is part of our bold vision to
create a world where energy poverty no longer exists. As an energy
technology leader delivering advanced electrification solutions for
complex commercial vehicle applications, we seek to attract -the
most -curious -minds -to help us -drive -real change and -create -a
more sustainable future.As a company, we're continually innovating
to challenge what's possible. We believe in transparency and
teamwork. With a long-term mindset, we take solution-driven
approaches. -We thrive on solving the hardest problems and we
celebrate our successes as a team. -We're diverse, inclusive and
share a passion for making access to clean energy universal as we
drive towards a democratically energized world. - Founded in 2016,
Romeo Power is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. *We are
moving to our new facility in Cypress by summer of 2022. Our suite
of advanced hardware, combined with our innovative battery
management system, delivers the safety, performance, reliability
and configurability our customers need to succeed. Romeo Power's
113,000 square-foot manufacturing facility brings its flexible
design and development process inhouse to pack the most energy
dense battery systems on the market. Position Overview: this is NOT
a remote role - relocation assistance is available Romeo Power is a
manufacturer of battery packs for electric vehicles. Our battery
packs are equipped with an advanced in-house built battery
management system (BMS) that is responsible for real-time
monitoring and control of hundreds of lithium ion cells and
maintaining them in a safe state. The BMS is an embedded system
with numerous interconnected hardware and software components and
is expected to operate reliably in safety critical applications. We
are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer who is
proficient in C software development for low-level hardware
drivers, networks stacks, and high-level algorithms on embedded
platforms. Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop software in C language for the BMS of Romeo
- Perform software design, development, and verification tasks
according to software requirements.
- Write simple, clean, maintainable, and testable C code for
various software modules.
- Work on electronic boards for verifying correctness of written
software as well as debugging and troubleshooting.
- Read electronic schematic diagrams to understand the
specifications of target hardware platforms.
- Work closely with the systems and hardware teams to maximize
efficiency in the software development process.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Create architecture and design documents for BMS software.
- Mentor junior team members. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering or related fields, or equivalent in experience and
proof of exceptional abilities.
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Proficient in C language.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical engineering principles
(basic electronics, lab equipment, schematics).
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes
(compile, debug, scm).
- Demonstrated knowledge of good engineering practices and
- Experience in writing drivers for digital serial interfaces
such as CAN, SPI, I2C, and UART.
- Effective communicator and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong documenting and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and think in a fast-paced
- Self-driven and proactive.
- Owning assignments and taking full accountability. Preferred
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Bash or
- Familiarity with relevant automotive standards and experience
in developing compliant software. Romeo Power is an equal
opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or
our own sensibilities. -
Keywords: Romeo Power, Santa Ana , Senior Embedded Software Engineer- C Programming, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!