Information Technology Security Engineer
Company: Kinetic Personnel Group, Inc
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Lead IT Security EngineerKinetic Personnel Group has multiple
Lead IT Security Engineer position for our banking clients in
Orange County. Job description:Responsible for all aspects of cyber
security operations including architecture, design, configuration,
deployment, operation and management of cyber security tools,
systems and processes. The position is involved with the
implementation and maintenance of data security systems in both on
premise and cloud environments. This role is responsible for the
build, support, monitoring and enforcing the security posture of
the Bank using next-gen firewall, IDS/IPS, endpoint protection,
DLP, encryption, SIEM, vulnerability management and other
technologies and processes. Job duties:
- Conducts / coordinates security control audits, identifies
potential gaps/risks and participates in the remediation of
- Establishes and maintains Security Operations team triage and
incident response playbooks to protect and recover information
assets from unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Assist in developing and implementing technical security
standards to support the Bank's security needs and regulatory
requirements including ISO2700x, CFPB, SOX, GLBA, NIST, FFIEC and
- Provide subject matter expertise in all areas of Information
Security technical operations, including analysis of computing
environment, security testing and documentation, as well as
investigations, software research, emerging technology research,
vendor security analysis and participation in periodic audits.
- Be the point of escalation and provide technical direction to
- Oversee project implementation and coordinate team
- Execute a reliable first-line-of defense via documented
processes, controls, templates, and rigors.
- Evaluate effectiveness of security testing and training,
including penetration testing, security awareness training, and
- Keeps abreast of the latest security and privacy legislation,
regulations, advisories, alerts, and vulnerabilities pertaining to
the Bank, and modify security control structure as required.
- Maintains advanced knowledge and awareness of information
security trends within the financial industry.
- High level of personal integrity, the ability to professionally
handle confidential matters, and project the appropriate level of
urgency, judgment, and maturity.Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree, Information Systems, Computer Science,
Information Security or related field desired.
- Security Operations experience in financial services,
healthcare, or other highly-regulated sector desired.
- 8+ years IT security or Information Security experience with a
proven ability to engage with business units and technical
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading the work of others on
large scale projects.
Keywords: Kinetic Personnel Group, Inc, Santa Ana , Information Technology Security Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!