Remote Senior Software Engineer
Company: First American Financial Corp.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since
1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in
its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are
equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel
welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their
full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our
company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For - list for seven consecutive years.
We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women,
diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than
50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always
strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information,
please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job SummaryJoin a team of
passionate and creative individuals who put it all on the table
with the goal of creating awesome product experiences that delight
their customers with every click and scroll. With over 125 years of
experience, First American continues to look for new ways to
disrupt itself through the uses of innovative business technology
solutions.We're seeking a team member with strong front-end skills
with at least three years of experience with both vanilla
data-driven, solution-seeking, and has an eye for detail. You love
to learn, and you're driven to help others around you - egos need
not apply.In addition to best practices, you maintain a strong
understanding of the latest developments in writing semantic and
accessible mark-up as well as scalable CSS.We don't demand
perfection or expect you to be an expert in all areas, we're a team
of learners, problem solvers, and innovators. If you're ready and
think you have what it takes, let's get started.**Remote candidates
encouraged to apply**Our development philosophy:
- We believe in using the right tool for the job.
- We evaluate and allocate resources to stay up to date on
- Familiar with frameworks; not dependent on frameworks.
- Testing is not an afterthought.
- Variable names carry intent and are descriptive.
- Code is collaborative.
- Documentation is as important as production code.Your role and
- Contribute to a collaborative team culture
- Scoping new projects
- Perform code reviews ensuring code is compliant and of
- Comfortable working with AWS
- Ownership of the front-end development discipline, tooling, and
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal
- Proficient knowledge of semantic and accessible HTML5
- Proficient knowledge of ECMAScript 2016
- Experience with Angular 11+ or React Hooks
- Proficient knowledge of CSS3 and familiar with SASS
- Experience with Webpack or ParcelNice to haves:
- Design System Experience
- .Net 5+ experienceWhat we're looking for:
- BA/BS degree in the field of Design or Computer Science.
- 4+ years of previous professional UX design experience
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to bring innovative solutions to the table
- Ability & desire to work collaboratively within a team
- Genuinely nice and kind personality
- Passion for not just fulfilling an assignment, but in adding
value, pushing the boundaries, and creating amazing work
- Hard-working & self-motivated mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to quickly resolve issues as they arise
- Up-to-date knowledge of current trends
- Meticulous attention to details and overall product
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process,
subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert
review, and offering implementation suggestions from a
- Evaluate the quality of the user experience. Test, analyze and
report results, and make recommendations to improve effectiveness,
efficiency, and overall satisfaction of the
user.#LI-DS1#TCORPIT#techreferralFirst American invests in its
employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide
superior customer service and encourages them to serve the
communities where they live and work. First American is committed
to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corp., Santa Ana , Remote Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!