Senior Software Engineer
Company: First American Financial Corp.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a
member of the First American family of companies, First American
Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth
management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis
for more than five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF)
has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate
about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering
an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to
be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive,
people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades,
including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
- list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a
best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and
have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work
lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to
work, for all. For more information, please visit
www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary***Remote Candidates
Welcome***At First American Trust we are expanding our software
development team to work on new technologies supporting banking
applications. We are looking for a senior software engineer who has
proven track record of success and is eager to collaborate with our
team. The senior software engineer will work on Full-Stack
development in cloud computing environment with our innovative
- Perform all phases of software engineering including
requirements analysis, application design, code development and
- Design, implement and test product features in collaboration
with product owners and stakeholders.
- Contribute extensively to the implementation of programming
tasks and deliver on time.
- Collaborating and working together with others in a Scrum
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and
- Mentor and advise less experienced team members.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of complex problems and identify
solutions within broad applications and functional expertise.
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come
up with solutions as required.
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver
high-quality software releases every week through Sprints.
- Keep up with industry to continually improve technology
- Participate in an on-call rotation when needed.Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with designing / developing
- 5+ years of software professional development experience with
advanced hands-on Ruby/Rails or Python skills.Desired Skills
- Advanced Experience in multiple application development
- Advanced Experience developing containerized (Docker,
Kubernetes etc.) applications.
- Extensive knowledge of MVC framework and
- Extensive knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with PostgreSQL database
- Solid understanding of best practices for techniques regarding
web scalability, performance, and security.
- Self-motivated with strong technical background. Ability to
learn and work in a wide range of application domains.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Team player with ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Pay Range-
$88,000 - $136,000 USD Annual***This hiring range is a good faith
and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible
compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change.
The actual compensation offered will be determined by various
factors, which may include a candidate's education, training,
experience, and geographic location.***#LI-KC2First American
invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them
to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve
the communities where they live and work. First American is
committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corp., Santa Ana , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!