Filling Operator, 1st shift
Company: The BEHR Paint Company
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: May 16, 2020
JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
- Work at workstation on product filling and packaging line
- Match batch tickets with information on can, acquire proper
labels labeling and filling and assist in set-up of labeling
machine; inspect cans to verify appropriate product identification
numbers, product types and warnings are properly attached
- Retrieve plugs and stage plugs from proper area.
- Verify cans and labels are ready for batch to be filled;
maintain a full scramble table with empty containers place them on
filling line and stack filled containers on pallets.
- Set up, make adjustments to, clean up labelers and Inspect
pallets for damage and reject as necessary.
- Operate box sticker and bailer machines and monitor equipment
for proper operation.
- Request maintenance help when needed.
- Move pallets and distribute in Make & Shape area and scan
pallet barcode placards for inventory purposes.
- Feed boxes onto the box assembler and feed empty containers
through bailing, labeling, and sticker machines and monitor
- Complete basic production log to include tank number,
inspection person, product number, batch number, label
identification, weight, unit size in half pints, pints, quarts,
gallons, or fives and converted weight.
- Ensure proper screens or filters are placed feeding mechanism;
change filters as needed and ensure correct cans are staged over
from storage and correct lids are used ensuring proper sealing of
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Some experience in a production environment is desirable
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
- Knowledge of filling line production, packaging procedures and
- Ability to operate a forklift, bailing, label, and sticker
- Knowledge of safety rules and procedure
- Ability to check cans, lids, fill levels and ensure proper
screens or filters are being utilized
- Ability to visually inspect labels and stickers for correct
identification of products
- May be required to work shifts and weekends
ShiftShift 1 (United States of America)Full or Part TimeFull
timeBEHR (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and we
want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company
makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's
policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity
(including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion,
salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and
conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry,
age, physical/mental disability, medical condition,
marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status,
height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying
with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.
This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations
of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and
prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system
operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in
partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that
allows participating employers to electronically verify the
employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United
States. Please click on the following links for more
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
Keywords: The BEHR Paint Company, Santa Ana , Filling Operator, 1st shift, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!