Company: The BEHR Paint Company
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: May 17, 2020
Job DescriptionJOB SCOPE:
- Maintain safe manufacturing of quality coatings through
addition of chemicals and pigments from a formula ticket
- Working safely is part of our culture and is a condition of
- Coordinate the accurate operation of pump controls, gate valves
and a compactor.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the specific functions of
all plumbing valves and pump controls in the milling and filling
operations in order to route product through the plant
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform quality control tests on all products including
viscosity, draw down, temperature and WPG.
- Coordinate the bailing recycled super sacks in compactor.
- Opening 55-gallon drums with use of pliers and wrench.
- Perform the filling of 5-6 gallon pails with liquids from
- Maintain the proper use of a hand held scanner in order to
record inventory movements.
- Maintain accurate records of inventory movements, formula
adjustments and reports.
- Know and maintain the use of computer controlled automations
systems for delivery of raw materials and operations of milling
- Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation,
supplemented by extensive milling experience
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
- Thorough understanding of chemicals used in paint making
including, functionality and hazards
- Knowledge of safety procedure as well as applicable OSHA, DOT
and environmental rules and regulations
- Ability to plan, organize, and complete assignments in a timely
- Ability to communicate with others, both verbally and
- Maintain professional relationships with all levels of
management and outside vendors.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations including
fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Thorough knowledge of measures of weight, volume and conversion
- Ability to read and write the English Language
- Computer Skills
ShiftFull or Part TimeFull timeBEHR (the "Company") is an equal
opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons
in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on
merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any
employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment,
employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and
all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed,
national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical
condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran
status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to
complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment
opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in
the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is
located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system
operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in
partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that
allows participating employers to electronically verify the
employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United
States. Please click on the following links for more
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
Keywords: The BEHR Paint Company, Santa Ana , Milling Operator, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!