Lead UX Designer
Company: First American
Location: santa ana
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance,
settlement services and risk solutions for real estate
transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build
your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers
achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We
believe that our people are the key to the company's continued
success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and
empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else.
First American has created an award-winning culture and has been
named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the
fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to
Work lists. For more information, please visit
Are you inspired by designing enterprise-grade applications that
drive business impact to the tune of billions of dollars? Do you
dream of being at the forefront of using design principles to
disrupt decision-making for entire lines of businesses? If you
answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the
Design Lead role with First American. First American is building a
cutting edge, internal consulting team to grow our business through
delighting our customers. If you crave customer satisfaction, are
lit up by technology, and live for transformation, this is the job
As a Lead UX Designer, you will own and drive the design for
multiple products and platforms that support First American. You
will collaboratively work with Product and Engineering to create,
refine, and explore ways in which business partners can create a
world-class title and escrow technology. In a fast-paced,
collaborative environment, you'll drive UX design from early-stage
concepts through final delivery and launch. You'll work closely
with product management, engineering, and executive leadership
across First American. You'll ensure that all voices are heard in
the design process, and you'll facilitate design workshops and
other collaborative sessions to bring the best ideas to life.
We are looking for a talented and experienced design lead with
exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills,
and solid design instincts who can translate business needs into
fantastic customer-focused solutions. Ideal candidates are
self-starters who bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each
project they work on. They are responsive, flexible, and thrive in
collaborative work environments.
*Remote work available.
- Lead the UX process on projects from start to finish.
- Lead and mentor UX designers
- Act as "go to" with in-depth knowledge of UI/UX and product
design best practices and standards
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, journey maps,
wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and detailed UI and
visual design specifications
- Create user-centered designs that promote ease of use and
optimize how customers interact with our products
- Incorporate business requirements, the voice of the customer,
user journeys, customer feedback, technical constraints, and
usability findings into the design.
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and
- Facilitate design and collaborative workshops
- Perform metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn
challenges into opportunities.
- 10+ years of experience as a UX designer, product designer, or
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of designers
- Experience designing for complex web applications with multiple
- Exceptional product design skills with the ability to implement
strategic and conceptual thinking
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality
design work, and breadth and depth in UX design
- Proficiency in high-fidelity mockup and prototyping tools such
as Figma, Sketch, lnvision, or equivalent
- Familiarity with design systems
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and
interaction design, user-centered design and design-thinking
- Experience managing projects with complex inter-dependencies,
focusing on both long-range projects and immediate tasks
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Relentless desire for innovation while balancing user model
with implementation model.
- Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or
equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in financial, B2B, enterprise-level
- Working knowledge in design for mobile and other devices
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: First American, Santa Ana , Lead UX Designer, Other , santa ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!