Date: May 31, 2021
Location: Santa Ana, CA, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic global
business. Manufacturing experience is preferred but not essential
as training on the products will be provided however a proven
leadership background is essential and the drive to develop, lead
and manage your team.
The Team Leader is accountable for achieving the People, Safety,
Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets through the
disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model.
The Team Leader is accountable for attaining Operational Excellence
across their designated area of responsibility, in line with the
Performance Centre objectives. The Team Leader is accountable for
creating a 'Great Place To Work' through developing and empowering
first class Team Members and driving a culture of continuous
improvement, safe working and open dialogue.
- Create and sustain a culture that is aligned to the GKN
Aerospace "Great Place To Work" value drivers and Culture
Principles by role-modelling behaviours, motivating, encouraging
and recognising the contribution of Team Members.
- Hold Team Members and fellow Team Leaders accountable to embody
the GKNA culture principles
- Be Open and Honest when appraising and managing individuals'
performance whilst supporting and coaching individuals to close
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean
Operating Model (LOM) across their assigned areas
- Developing first-class Team Members who embody the GKN culture
principles and are readily able to progress to become Team Leaders
or take other roles in the business
- Holding the functional support staff accountable for adhering
to the Global standards and enabling their zone team to meet its
- Ensuring the disciplined execution of Daily Management and
Standardised work through the conscientious adherence to Leader
- Driving and facilitating the Engagement of all team members,
ensuring engagement actions are defined, implemented and
- Responsibility for managing a Zone budget as agreed with their
- Taking ownership when having to make difficult decisions linked
to their Zone
- High School Diploma required.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment,
including 2+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Must be a US Citizen due to program security clearance
requirements and/or SSA requirements
- Able to demonstrate competence to undertake key tasks within
their designated work zone or those in zones within similar
- Excellent performance as a Team member, demonstrating rigorous
adherence to standardized work, and a track record of Kaizen
- Self-motivated by meeting and exceeding PSQDCC performance
- Aerospace supply chain experience
- A passion for the Aerospace industry
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles