Title Operations Supervisor
Company: First American
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Join a team that puts its People First! First American's Agency
Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with
resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new
levels of success. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held
an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what
they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an
environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be
innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive,
people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades,
including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work
For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as
a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and
have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work
lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to
work, for all. For more information, please visit
Responsible for operational functions related to providing title
services to customers. Manage and lead teams who perform a
wide range of duties related to title operations, provide support
to branches to clear title, and focus on customers. Manage
processes and policies. Partners with and acts as a liaison
between groups such as Examining and Underwriting to ensure that
compliance, policy adherence, production goals, and timelines are
met. Ensures employee conformance to established practices and
proper training of staff.
Supervises a staff responsible for day to day operational
activities of a defined function within the title process (i.e.
Title Assistants, Recording or Curative groups). This
supervisory role is intended to cover a range of supervisory roles
within the title process. May be responsible for production
operations supporting multiple areas. Acts as a liaison with
internal and/or external businesses, establishing and enhancing
- Primary purpose of role is supervision. Supervise the day to
day operational activities of Title employees who have
responsibility for daily operational tasks in a Title Operations
Center. Assist with all personnel management, ensure appropriate
wage and work hour laws are followed, and provide input to goal
setting for the functional area.
- Delegate tasks, manage work flow and make recommendations for
staffing needs. With management consultation, interview candidates,
provide hiring recommendations, write and conduct performance
reviews, and provide ongoing feedback and coaching. Manage
- Monitor processes and identify subordinate training needs along
with those of the organization. Drive efforts for organizational
flexibility through cross-training objectives.
- Implement processes and metrics to monitor and improve customer
service, quality, turnaround time and productivity.
- Knowledge and management of the interaction with process
workflow, FAST, and electronic imaging databases, such as TRD,
DATATREE, DATATRACE, etc.
- Drive problem solving activities and make informed decisions to
ensure product is of high quality, low cost, and meets turnaround
time service level agreements.
- May act as liaison with offshore groups through production
monitoring and measuring performance against metrics. Ensure
offshore production percentage is continuously increased and
consistent with capabilities and training.
- Provide regular status updates and reports to Manager.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiar with company policies, contract coverage and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on
- Solid technical knowledge of operating systems and
- Ability to interpret contracts
- Ability to deliver information in an articulate and assertive
manner both orally and written
- Successful track record of executing day to day operational
responsibilities, along with participating in, developing and
completing projects in area of expertise.
- Emerging leadership skills
- Ability to implement and enforce processes to ensure compliance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships at the departmental level
- Ability to communicate the function’s vision and the
department’s direction, and set aligned goals for team
- Provides others with reliable information and uses good
listening and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education
Typical Range of Experience
- 3-5 years of directly related experience
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in a lead or supervisory
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American
offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an
employee stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American, Santa Ana , Title Operations Supervisor, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!