Claims Assistant Clerk
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Risk Placement Services, Inc. is one of the nation's largest
specialty wholesale insurance brokerage firms. We work with
top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for our clients. Our
employees are fueled by a culture built around teamwork, creativity
Under direct supervision, performs basic claim handling functions
to include data entry, bill payment, ordering various reports from
outside parties, preparing and filing various required forms.
- Interacts with clients, attorneys and outside vendors for
various reasons including but not limited to gathering data and
- Processing medical only claims as assigned, within requirements
set by client service instructions and Gallagher Bassett Best
- Work activity includes but is not limited to, review, approval
and payment of medical bills and bills from other service
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 1 year
transferrable work experience within an office environment.
- Ability to pass any required licensing exams within three
- Excellent written, verbal and mathematic skills.
- Working knowledge of current PC software such as Word and
Excel. Familiar with medical terminology.
- Licensed for all states in which claims are being handled.
- One year relevant Worker's Compensation experience.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to operate in a team environment with the expectation
of enhancing and contributing to the offices overall effectiveness
- Able to maintain strict confidence regarding information
contained in assigned work.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of branch
personnel, as well as, clients, vendors and all other office
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of
employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S.
employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality
and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things,
post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation,
confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Risk Placement Services believes that all persons are entitled to
equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor
favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability,
national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship,
veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or
perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected
characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in
all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but
not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In
addition, Risk Placement Services will make reasonable
accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an
otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Keywords: Gallagher, Santa Ana , Claims Assistant Clerk, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!