Plant Manager - Medical Device Mfg
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: October 2, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Manager, Operations leads a manufacturing site with a
focus on operations. He/she is responsible for executing
manufacturing, capital equipment needs, customer satisfaction,
productivity, and talent strategies aligned with our global
standard and in a way that allows sustainable and successful
achievement of budget and three year business strategy, financial,
and customer satisfaction objectives.
The Sr. Manager, Operations role requires high levels of problem
solving ability, deep technical skills, leadership, and
organization savviness with an ability to manage in a complex,
matrix organization design. The Sr. Manager, Operations must have
the leadership agility to dive deep into problems, and create
talent on their teams allowing the Sr. Manager to empower others to
take on full responsibility for results and growth.
The Sr. Manager, Operations reports to the Director,
No Shift ($0) (United States of America)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
#1: Plant Operations Management
- Directs all production activities including plant supervision,
production planning, manufacturing and process engineering,
programming, and maintenance, etc.
- Ensures customer expectations are met - products produced meet
customer quality and delivery requirements.
- Manages operations in accordance with principles, policies and
procedures established by the company.
- Manages plant operations to ensure products are manufactured
on-time and meet quality standards.
- Manages plant workforce levels consistent with customer demand;
manages staffing and payroll expense, ensuring levels support run
- Ensures the production organization is involved in activities
that support the business directive.
- Analyzes financial statement and other performance data to
measure productivity and goal achievement and to identify areas
requiring cost reduction and program improvement.
- Responsible for operations budget control for all costs related
labor, direct material, production supplies and repair parts.
- Strives to meet and exceed budgeted production and financial
- Reviews production levels for on-time delivery and past due
- Analyzes aggregate capacity utilization on a regular basis and
makes recommendations for the purchase of new equipment.
- Integrates Lean thinking into the culture and
- Leads continuous improvement projects and execution of capital
- Ensures employees are fully trained on all aspects of their
- Interacts with and positively influences current and potential
customers during site visits.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures health, safety,
and environmental procedures are consistently followed.
- Ensures compliance with medical device regulations.
- Develops and launches short and long-term manufacturing plans,
ensuring fulfillment of customer and quality expectations.
- Contributes information and analysis to strategic plans and
reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing
appropriate countermeasures for KPIs; identifying and resolving
problems. Develops and launches short and long-term manufacturing
plans, ensuring fulfillment of customer and quality
- Works with management team to develop and implement plans for
the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel
designed to accommodate the company's growth objectives.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all Quality
Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and
establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six
Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial
- Leads and develop team members following the One Orchid global
talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best
- Ensures the growth of our positive business culture through
behaviors that align with our core values and leadership
- Ensures Performance Goals aligned to support business goals are
established and communicated throughout the organization.
- Ensures team members have the required knowledge and skills
prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting,
documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
10+ Years of Experience Leading Engineering Projects and/or a
Production Organization (Required), 7+ years of successful
experience leading a cross-functional organization and/or
developing 2-discipline functional excellence., Experience in a FDA
regulated environment (Preferred), Experience in Medical Device
Master - Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Related Field, ,
, Bachelor - Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Related Field
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Business
Acumen (Working Experience), Coaching (Extensive Experience),
Collaboration (Working Experience), Communication (Working
Experience), Computer Knowledge (Working Experience),
Confidentiality (Working Experience), Customer Communication
(Working Experience), Decision Making and Critical Thinking
(Extensive Experience), Finance and Accounting (Working
Experience), Flexibility & Adaptability (Working Experience), IBP
Knowledge (Working Experience), Integrity (Working Experience),
Leadership Commitment (Extensive Experience), Lean Manufacturing
(Working Experience), Manufacturing Regulatory Environment (Working
Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience), Performance
Management and Development (Working Experience), Problem Solving
(Extensive Experience), Results (Working Experience), Strategic
Planning (Working Experience), Team Management and Team Building
(Working Experience), Teamwork (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role
routinely moves about the facility to check-up on team members'
progress and frequently operates a computer or other machinery as
- Ability to work flexible work schedule as required to meet the
demands of the business.
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Santa Ana , Plant Manager - Medical Device Mfg, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!