Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: October 2, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Quality Control Supervisor, Orchid Santa Ana is responsible for
managing a team of Quality Personnel to perform all Quality Control
functions including receiving, in process and final inspection,
final Product Review and final acceptance on any/all products
processed and to ensure compliance with all regulatory and customer
requirements in accordance with established policies, practices and
procedures and appropriate regulatory agencies. Responsible for
overseeing the day to day operations of the inspection team,
directing the work and providing assistance to team members to
ensure the correct processes are being followed at all times.
The Quality Control Supervisor, Santa Ana reports to the Manager,
Quality, Full-Site Leadership and is part of the Quality Control
No Shift ($0) (United States of America)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global
processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS)
documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to
meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that
support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery
(OTD) and financial objectives.
- Provide leadership and oversight of day to day operations in
Quality Control department; direct work and provides assistance to
team members to ensure correct processes are followed at all
- Lead and develop team members following the One Orchid global
talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best
team. Ensure the growth of our positive business culture through
behaviors that align with our core values and leadership
- Responsible for talent development of Quality Personnel through
hands-on coaching, mentoring and on-the-job skills training.
- Develops and implements procedures and ensures employee
- Consults with others: team leads/managers regarding policies,
procedures, specification, and other customer & quality
requirements, as needed.
- Provides and documents training on standard of work
instructions, policies, and procedures in a timely manner to ensure
team members have the required knowledge and skills prior to
performing work independently. This includes conducting,
documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Enforce and reinforce expectations; Notify Manager of safety
concerns and training needs.
- Utilizes knowledge of continuous improvement concepts to
improve department efficiency and productivity.
- Effectively communicates performance goals and expectations
with employees to help in their continuous improvement.
- Recommends measures to improve work flow, worker performance,
quality and delivery of product. Involves full team to develop and
launch productivity changes.
- Establishes and adjusts work priorities to meet department
schedules. Schedules employees. Approves absences requests to
ensure department can sustain level of work needed.
- Notify manager of equipment maintenance/repair issues; Ensures
and verifies calibration and preventative maintenance is performed
on-time and as required within the Quality Control department.
- Review blueprints and all documentation to ensure the proper
materials were used and specifications followed.
- Assists with complex problems including root cause analysis and
corrective action response to develop and evaluate options and
- Quarantine nonconforming parts as needed and facilitates MRB
review and disposition of non-conforming product.
- Contributes information and analysis to strategic plans and
reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing
appropriate countermeasures for KPI's, identifying and resolving
problems; determining system improvements; implementing
- Ensure production metrics are being tracked and earned hours
achieved. Adjust work priorities to meet production schedules.
- Daily and where it is needed; perform the work of the team
members ensuring coverage and continuous operation.
- Keeps manager informed of issues or matters of significance.
Escalates issues outside department to manager. Participates in
Gemba walk and reports department metrics daily.
- Participates in the selection of talent for department.
Participates in hiring and termination decisions.
- Identifies the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for
- Leads and develops employees. Identifies performance gaps
and/or opportunities and develops/implements plan to
- Ensures that employees have necessary knowledge, skills, and
abilities to be successful in their roles. When skill gaps are
identified, develops/implements action plan to address and
eliminate these gaps. Continuously develops team.
- Oversees the training of new employees on standard of work
instructions and policies and procedures.
- Ensures required training is provided and validates
effectiveness of training.
- Manages employee performance. Rewards high performers and
address underperforming employees. Writes and delivers performance
evaluations and development plans, utilizing feedback from Team
- Addresses employee issues, escalates and/or redirects as
needed. Involves and consults with Human Resources.
- Manages employee scheduling and approves absences and employee
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
3+ Years of Experience in A Manufacturing Environment (Required),
3+ Years of experience leading people (Preferred), Experience
Leading a Quality Control Team in a Regulated Environment
Bachelor, , , High School Or Equivalent Required
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Blueprint
Reading (Working Experience), Decision Making and Critical Thinking
(Working Experience), GD&T (Working Experience), Inspection
Knowledge (Working Experience), Integrity (Working Experience),
Leadership (Working Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools
(Working Experience), Teamwork (Working Experience), Time
management (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Frequent and repetitive use of hands and fingers
- Occasionally moves heavy equipment, boxes, and other materials
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Wear safety glasses on production areas
- Able to work in a fast-paced, stressful, quality oriented
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Santa Ana , QC Supervisor, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!