QC Inspector - Med Device Mfg
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: October 10, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Quality Control Inspector II performs receiving, in process,
final, and/or lab certification testing on components/materials
received and finished products manufactured with minimal
supervision and a high level of attention to detail. They document
and ensure medical part compliance to specifications and apply an
intermediate knowledge of GD&T principles and applications. A
Quality Control Inspector II performs the basic programming of
advanced inspection systems.
This is a contingent worker temporary position. If you are
selected for this position, you will be employed through an agency,
not directly though Orchid. However, you may be eligible for
conversion to an employee position after only a few months in this
SNA - Shift 2 (10%) (United States of America - California)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The Quality Control Inspector reports to the Supervisor,
Quality Control for the site.
- Ensure compliance to Orchid requirements in inspection and
record keeping. Collect inspection data and report results.
- Maintain accurate documentation at all times during the
manufacturing and inspection process per Good Manufacturing
- Perform complete Device History Record review including
- Ensure all raw materials received meet specifications.
- Perform testing and inspection at various stages of production,
including visual and dimensional inspection
- Ensure customer specifications and other applicable internal &
external requirements are followed.
- Use handheld inspection tools for measurement purposes, such as
micrometers, calipers, height gages, optical comparator, gage
blocks, and dial indicators
- Conduct physical inspection of product with gauging such as:
Thread gages, plug gages, pin gages, functional gages.
- Perform visual and/or cosmetic inspection of product following
applicable procedure(s) using appropriate light sources. Monitor
equipment to ensure proper operation and escalate any
- Communicate potential nonconforming situations to Quality
Engineering and Quality Management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic manufacturing concepts
- Quarantine non-conforming or potential non-conforming parts or
- Work modified schedules to support production requirements as
- Complete First Article Inspections as well as receiving,
in-process, and final and packaging inspections against customer
requirements with minimal supervision
- Operate and perform basic programming duties of advanced
- Train inspection personnel
- Inspect customer-returned parts
- Under guidance, perform first piece inspections to support
production and perform internal manufactured first articles.
- Advocate for the health and safety of self, co-workers,
customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
- Complete all required training.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
3+ Years of Experience (Required), Experience in a Scientific Field
(Preferred), Experience in Quality Inspection and Lean
Associates of Science (A.S), , , High School Or Equivalent
Any - American Society for Quality, Any - Technical Trade
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Blueprint
Reading (Extensive Experience), Collaboration (Working Experience),
Computer Knowledge (Working Experience), Data Entry (Working
Experience), GD&T (Extensive Experience), Handwriting (Working
Experience), Information Processing (Working Experience), Layout
Inspection (Extensive Experience), Mathematical Ability (Extensive
Experience), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Production and
Processing (Working Experience), Programming (Working Experience),
Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Extensive Experience), Testing
(Working Experience), Time management (Working Experience), Visual
Quality Assurance (Extensive Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
Constantly visually inspect parts
Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds
Frequently quickly grasp objects
Works overtime and weekends as required
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Santa Ana , QC Inspector - Med Device Mfg, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!