Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Material
Handler to join our team. This position is based at our Santa Ana,
This position uses a forklift or power equipment to move and
store a variety of materials, parts or products. May unload
incoming materials from trailers, vehicles, etc… Transport items
from incoming staging area or from finished goods staging area to
storage area. Store, stack, and arrange material and maintain
related documentation. Verify, identify and quantify items received
against purchase order. Visually inspect and count items / incoming
parts, materials and supplies to detect shortages, damages in
transit, broken packages and obvious defects. Complete related
documentation. Move or expedite material to proper department. Pull
material and package for delivery to Service Centers. Use KanBan
system to order and replenish materials.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Act as backup to other material handlers as needed in different
- Visually inspect for damaged material.
- Keep areas neat and orderly using 5S guidelines.
- Safely and efficiently deliver materials as needed to storeroom
locations, or POU locations.
- Notify internal customers of receipts / product marked to their
attention. Maintain working relationship with internal
- Receive P.O’s in system. Separate AML material from non-AML.
- Sort and disperse return material. Maintain all documentation
- Unload trucks and check freight bills accordingly. Verify
material against packing list.
- Pull parts from Storeroom if needed in Service Center packing.
Ensure packaging is to standard to prevent loss or damage to
- Perform duties of internal truck driver, making pick ups and
deliveries in a timely fashion. Assist with delivery / receipt of
product to outside vendors and / or contractors.
- Operate stretchwrap machine.
- Maintain stock levels. Coordinate movement of material. Locate
material when required by other material handlers, internal
customers or Supervisors.
- Work with planners and buyers to make them aware of
- Assist with annual inventory.
- Process internal Kanban cards. Assist in the maintenance of the
- Other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All
candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Santa Ana,
CA location. Active Duty Military Service member candidates
are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Forklift driver certification
- Standup & Sit-down forklift experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive
change through others
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and
- Effective communication and team leadership skills are
essential. Ability to drive results by empowering team
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI PDI
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No