Licensed Optician - Assistant Manager - Bilingual
Company: Vision Center by Walmart
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: October 12, 2021
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see
their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye
care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers
in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where
training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is
We are looking for a Bilingual (Spanish) Licensed
Optician/Assistant Manager to join our growing team. The
Licensed Optician/Assistant Manager will assist the Store Manager
with store operations, promote the achievement of sales goals
through directly selling, fitting and dispensing eyewear as well as
training and coaching the Opticians/Sales Associates.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Achieve and maintain the highest level of customer
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e.
reviewing the P&L).
- Monitor sales results against budgeted.
- Ensure all store associates achieve and maintain the highest
level of customer service.
- Investigate and compile competitive information.
- Provide daily and weekly statistics to Store Manager, District
Manager and corporate office.
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising
are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current
- Assist Store Manager with hiring, supervising and training all
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
- Interface and maintain appropriate professional relations with
the doctor, other NVI associates, host store associates and
- Accurately process orders for eyewear via the POS/SDS
- Coordinate the distribution of eyewear products to patients
according to NVI guidelines.
- Assist with dispensing eyeglasses and contact lens to patients,
as permitted by state law.
- Perform insertion and removal training of contact lenses to
patients as directed by management and permitted by state law.
- Maintain visual merchandising according to Brand and Company
- Mentor potential Apprentice Opticians as permitted by law.
Are you the right fit? - The Suitable
- Fluent in reading and speaking both English and Spanish.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain license as required by state.
- Management experience in retail and/or optical industry.
- ABO & NCLE Certified.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong selling skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Obtain/Maintain license, as required by state.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Able to work and interact effectively within a host store
environment, adhering to and promoting all host store policies,
procedures and regulations.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including
Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending
Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our
website www.nationalvision.com to
Keywords: Vision Center by Walmart, Santa Ana , Licensed Optician - Assistant Manager - Bilingual, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!