-Working with kids - Entry level - Behavior Interventionist
Company: About Behavior Consulting
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job SummaryBehavior Interventionist are responsible for
assisting behavior analysts and case managers to implement
treatment plans which consist of behavior reduction and skill
acquisition programs. The candidate will work with the individuals
implementing the treatment established by the clinical team within
their home in collaboration with the BCBA and the case
- Model and prompt activities to train self-care practices.
- Converses with the individuals to promote social skills and
- Accompanies families in community outings.
- Observes and documents behaviors in order to facilitate
assessment and development of treatment goals.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Be comfortable working in homes (studio apt., housing projects,
etc.) of families with limited resources.
- Attend training to acquire further knowledge.
- Provide services based in the science of Applied Behavior
Analysis, including behavior management, discrete trial training,
social skills training, and caregiver education to clients with
developmental disabilities and their families.Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's or associate degree (in progress) in a behavioral
health or related field.
- Driver's License
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Applied Behavior Analysis (training available)
- Data Collection (training available)
- Pass FBI/DOJ clearance through Live Scan
- Must be available to work between the hours 2:30pm-8pm AND be
available for a minimum of 10 hours per week weekend coverage also
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Working with children, and teenagers
- Social perceptiveness
- Service orientation
- Interpersonal Communication
- Active listening
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)Physical Demands
- Able to work prolonged periods of time in an environment with
fluctuating temperature ranges
- Able to stand prolonged periods of time
- Able to frequently lift up to 25 pounds with or without
- Services are provided at the home of the patient.
- Multiple cases will consist from driving to one home to another
(drive time and mileage are reimbursed)
- Trainings and meetings will be at the office in Orange.Benefits
- PAID online/field training
- Ongoing support and supervision by BCBA level staff and
- PAID CPI training provided on site
- Small, fun and reputable company with opportunities for
professional growth and advancement
- Competitive hourly rates starting at $17 per hour, DOE
- Paid drive time and mileage between clients only (within 1.5
- Partial cell phone reimbursement per pay period (depending on
hours worked per week) and other monthly reimbursements.
- Referral incentive programJob Type: Part-timePay: $17.00 -
$22.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement planMedical Specialty:
- Home HealthSchedule:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilityCOVID-19 considerations:COVID-19
ConsiderationPPE is providedDuring COVID-19, group trainings and
meetings are virtual.Application Question(s):
- Clinical job consists of driving to the home of families and
provide services within their home. The applicant will be working
with children aged 3-21. Are you willing to drive and work in the
home the 1-3 families within the North OC area?
- Any additional languages spoken?Work Location: One
Keywords: About Behavior Consulting, Santa Ana , -Working with kids - Entry level - Behavior Interventionist, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!