Warehouse Associate II
Company: White Cap
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: January 4, 2022
A position at White Cap isn t your ordinary job. You ll work in
an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and
have a variety of career opportunities.The White Cap family is
committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being
deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment.Job
SummaryResponsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving,
inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system.
Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise.
Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag,
stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area.
May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine
and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product
in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and
procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or
picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- None.Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
time.Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience.If you re looking to play a role in
building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can t
wait to meet you.Functional Area Field OperationsRecruiter
Sutterley, BrettReq ID WCJR-001495White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law. Associated topics: forklift
operator, fulfillment, handler, loader, logistics operation,
pallet, unloader, warehouse intern, warehouse operation, warehouse
Keywords: White Cap, Santa Ana , Warehouse Associate II, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!