Data Scientist, Optimization
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Overview: At Overair, we are dedicated to
bringing next generation sustainable air transportation to
everyone. Our answer is Butterfly, an all-electric vertical
takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft designed to carry passengers
safely and affordably over traffic and congestion. Butterfly
leverages over two decades of VTOL aircraft development, patented
VTOL technology, and flight vehicle experience. Overair believes
in the lofty goals of sustainable air mobility and we are committed
to solving the hard challenges along the way. We are building an
industry leading team covering an expanse of skills, talents, and
expertise to build a superior electric VTOL aircraft. If you enjoy
solving difficult problems, and seeing your ideas and visions
expressed in aircraft, we want you on our team. Job Overview: We
are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Mobility Operations
team. The position is to establish intelligent algorithms that will
drive Overair's commercial air taxi operations. Machine learning
and artificial intelligence will allow for an adaptable solution
that incorporates a complex set of inputs and variables associated
with air travel and automated dispatch. Roles and
- Mathematically model a network of eVTOL aircraft and flights in
- Develop a framework for matching demand to available supply
while maximizing utilization.
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to analyze demand, fleet
performance, and generate insights that inform algorithm
- Develop decision-making systems that optimize utilization while
managing quality of service for passengers.
- Develop algorithms that implement decision-making systems in an
efficient and scalable way. Required Qualifications:
- MSc/PhD Mathematics / Physics / Computer Science or
- Extensive knowledge of algorithms, with a focus on graph theory
and combinatorial optimization.
- 2+ years of experience in hands-on algorithms development
- Analytical: able to extract the essential features of a complex
real-life problem to arrive at a simple and relevant mathematical
- Experience in programming – Python, SQL, etc.
- Fast learner: ability to quickly master concepts, disciplines
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills Desired
- Academic research experience in relevant fields is preferable.
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical – Company provides no cost Medical coverage for
employee and all dependents.
- Dental & Vision – Company pays for 80% of Dental and Vision
coverage for employee and 50% for each dependent.
- Company-paid Life Insurance Plan
- 12 weeks of supplemental Paid Family Leave
- 401(k) plan – Employee eligible on first day of work, 6%
Company-match, no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off:
- Vacation: 4 weeks/year
- Holiday: 10 days/year
- Sick Time: 48 hours/year
Keywords: Overair, Santa Ana , Data Scientist, Optimization, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!