Technical Writer, Sr.
Company: Sulzer USA Inc.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Position Summary:Responsible for creation and maintenance of
product O&M manuals, Product Training Presentations, and
customization of these materials. Supports production with these
documents as required for shipments of sales orders. Responsible
for continued improvement of the documents and the tools used for
their creation. Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and implements improvements to technical documents
and the software used in the creation. Works with engineering and
project to develop and create standard product O&M manuals and
templates to be used customization requirements.
- Provides guidance to other technical writers in review of their
- Manages scheduling of resources to support department needs,
specifically O&M requirements to support product
- Reviews sales order specifications to determine requirements
for special customer O&M requirements.
- Supports Customer Service in the creation of customer Training
Presentations and Startup Session materials.
- Review Product ECNs and updates O&M manuals, Training
Presentations, and Startup Session materials accordingly.
- Creates graphical images, flow charts and diagrams for
inclusion in documentation.
- Assists in the department's production-related activities, as
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, & Skills:Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or
- 5-10 year experience writing manuals for an equipment
- Ability to use technology and analysis tools (Word, Excel,
Outlook, web, databases)
- Knowledge of Adobe Frame Maker, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Detail oriented
- Expert experience with a DITA based Content Management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel in an office
and factory environment.
- Working knowledge of mechanical process and electrical control
equipment. Measured by:
- Accuracy of documents produced.
- Volume of documents produced.
- On time delivery of custom O&Ms to FAS production
- Improvements in documents and tools JWCE is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer PI181497073
Keywords: Sulzer USA Inc., Santa Ana , Technical Writer, Sr., Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!