Sr. Environmental Specialist
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 17, 2022
United States of America
State / County
Environmental, Health, and Safety
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Sr. Environmental Specialist will be responsible for the site's
environmental management system. This position will involve
environmental compliance matters including but not limited to:
wastewater, storm water, air emissions, hazardous waste, and
hazardous materials. Essential functions will include environmental
reporting, assisting with pollution prevention activities,
compliance auditing, and the evaluation of proposed regulations to
determine financial, industrial, public and environmental impact.
Additionally, it will involve maintaining and updating Spill
Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans, Storm Water Pollution
Prevention Plans, Hazardous Waste Contingency Plans, and Hazardous
Materials Management plans.Job Responsibilities:
- Interpret, recommend and ensure compliance with environmental
regulations and/or company policies.
- Develop, administer and implement environmental programs in
accordance with governmental requirements.
- Monitor pollution prevention activities, compliance and
- Prepare environmental impact reports for new construction
projects, plant processes and permit changes.
- Review and analyze environmental documentation issued by the
federal EPA, state and local regulatory agencies. Evaluate proposed
regulations to determine financial, industrial, public and
- Interact with federal, state and local regulators to resolve
compliance issues; establish permit requirements and assist in EPA,
state and local regulatory audits.
- Assist in planning for changes in the physical facility to meet
new environmental requirements.
- Find, evaluate and prepare contracts for properly licensed
hazardous waste disposal firms and monitor waste handling.
- Organize and equip spill control teams.
- Author and update environmental manuals, procedures, and
- Prepare environmental impact statements and apply for all new
permits and renewals.
- Audit and inspect the facility for compliance with company
environmental policies and applicable regulations and develop
practices to ensure that everyone from the shop floor to management
- Design and present training programs to associates addressing
relevant environmental issues in order to maintain compliance with
- Support managers and supervisors with spill response,
investigation and root cause analysis and be part of any solutions
- Prioritize resources and demonstrate effective time management
to accomplish a broad spectrum of activities in a complex
- Support the site's environmental sustainability program.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and
procedures at all times.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Science, Technology, Engineering,
or Math (STEM) in environmental engineering, science or a related
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Environmental Science
implementing initiatives in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of EPA, FDEP, NESHAP, and ISO 14001
regulations and standards
- Must thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high
expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team
settings across all levels.
- Safety Conscious
- Results Driven
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Detail Oriented
- Must have excellent communication and collaboration skills with
all levels of an organization
- Must have computer related skills for database management,
internet/intranet use, and/or typical Microsoft Office related
- Three years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Santa Ana , Sr. Environmental Specialist, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!