Operations Tech, 2nd Ops (1st shift)
Company: Orchid MPS Holdings, LLC
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: January 27, 2023
SNA - Shift 1 ($0) (United States of America - California)
A BRIEF OVERVIEW
The Operations Technician I, Finishing performs various operations
including but not limited to grinding, buffing, trimming, and
chemical treatment on parts to achieve the required surface
dimension and finish.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Use hand truck, pallet jack, carts and tables to safely
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material and any
unusual conditions to the department Supervisor or Lead
- Follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Support Lean Manufacturing and EHS initiatives.
- Dimensionally inspect work, using appropriate tools including,
but not limited to; calipers, comparators, pin gauges, measuring
instruments and surface plates, etc. as required.
- Perform weekly housekeeping per 5S schedule.
- Follow work orders to perform operations on various parts and
- Reinforces safety expectations. Ensures safety operating
practices are demonstrated. Reports issues/concerns to
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
- Completes all required training.
- Operate auto and manual cleaning and passivation line.
- Operate laser marking equipment.
- Perform product cleaning and visual inspection.
- Perform weekly inventory of manufacturing materials, and
monitor inventory quantities to ensure adequate inventory is on
- Provide support in Materials Lab as required to ensure incoming
raw materials and chemicals meet customer specifications.
- High School Or Equivalent (Preferred)
- No previous work experience required (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
- Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Quality Inspection Metrology Tools - Working Experience
- Standard Operating Procedures - Working Experience
- Quality Management - Basic Knowledge
- Mathematical Ability - Basic Knowledge
- Manufacturing Safety - Working Experience
- Active Learning - Basic Knowledge
- Information Capture - Working Experience
- Hand Dexterity - Extensive Experience
- Time management - Working Experience
- Data Entry - Basic Knowledge
- Communication - Basic Knowledge
- Blueprint Reading - Basic Knowledge
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position -
- Must be able to move about the inside of the building -
- Must be able to move equipment around the building -
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs or ladders -
- Must be able to position oneself and move under/around/over
equipment - Occasionally
- Must be able to handle/adjust/inspect/position various items
and equipment - Frequently
- Must be able to communicate and exchange information with
others - Frequently
- Must be able to perform tasks that require repetitive
handling/adjusting/inspecting/positioning of items and equipment -
- Must be able to distinguish and detect information such as
writing and defects - Frequently
- Must be able to move equipment - Frequently
- Noise - Occasionally
For positions located in California, pay for this job type falls
within the following range and varies based on scope and complexity
of job responsibilities.
$16.15 - $25.48
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid MPS Holdings, LLC, Santa Ana , Operations Tech, 2nd Ops (1st shift), Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!