Loan Operations Specialist Senior
Company: Banc of California
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) is a bank holding company
with approximately $9.4 billion in assets and one wholly-owned
banking subsidiary, Banc of California, N.A. (the "Bank"). With our
600+ dedicated professionals, we provide customized and innovative
banking and lending solutions to businesses, entrepreneurs and
individuals throughout California. We proudly partner with
community organizations that provide financial literacy, job
training, small business support, and affordable housing to help
improve the communities where we live and work. With a commitment
to service and building enduring relationships, we provide a higher
standard of banking. JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing loan
operational procedures related to various loans and acting as the
liaison between the Credit and Note Department. Performs all duties
in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all U.S.
state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company
operates. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and analyzes credit write-ups, determine loan structure
and checklist of documents required from borrower; review
preliminary title reports and entity documents; check appraisal
review and determine compliance with loan to value requirement;
process loan documents within the established time frame and
conduct final document reviews prior to signature and funding to
ensure accuracy and compliance with terms and conditions of loan
- Order preliminary title reports and flood determinations on
real estate related loans.
- Independently review all preliminary reports received to ensure
that report does not include coverage exceptions unacceptable to
the bank. Work directly with title companies to eliminate any such
- Utilize knowledge and experience to interact with title
companies and in-house or external legal counsel to clear issues
arising during the course of loan approval or documentation.
- Establish escrows, as necessary and makes recommendations and
judgment calls to clear any issues arising on the preliminary
report that require resolution, via recordable documents from
clients, prior to placement of bank lien.
- Direct interaction with title company representatives and
advocates judgment to ensure that bank requirements are met at all
times as shown by title companies' issuance of error free policies
of title insurance.
- Interacts directly with outside legal counsel in the course of
loan documentation, and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Request and review real estate property profiles as
needed/requested by lender or loan portfolio manager.
- Assist in collection of entity formation documents when
- Review entity formation documents for cohesiveness with
information provided and for completeness.
- Review all new and renewal loan documentation requests for
content and completeness and makes judgments that all documents are
needed, prior to submission to the Note Department.
- Complete Loan Documentation Request Checklist for lenders/loan
- Maintain a tracking system for loans sent to the Note
Department for document preparation, also thereby, ensuring timely
turnaround and monitoring of documentation requests to meet client
and lender timelines.
- Independently utilizing knowledge of LaserPro and LawyerPro
exercises judgment to ensure that submitted documents from Note
Department correctly match details of loan approvals.
- Competently reviews all loan documents received from the Note
Department to ensure that they meet all CAM and compliance
requirements and makes recommendations to incorporate any
additional requirements or conditions recommended by client counsel
and as approved by bank attorney.
- Modifying any necessary or non-standard documents, and
interfacing with in-house or outside counsel, as required,
obtaining customer/lender notification and approval of such
- Approving and ensuring that all documents generated by the note
Department are consistently accurate and meet regulatory compliance
rules prior to release to lender for client signature.
- Work with Note Department to maintain clear communication with
title, escrow companies and lenders to facilitate error free and
timely closing of all loans and/or escrows.
- Deliver all signed documents to the Note Department for
recordation and/or boarding.
- Process checks received for payment of loan fees, good faith
deposits and loan payments, via the branch.
- Assist with tickler management by reviewing loan system after
boarding for accuracy; and by assisting with collection of tickler
items due from clients.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the
trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds
organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and
on time; supports the company's goals and values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows
respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others
on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of
harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or
safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report
potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with
occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations
and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are
applicable to one's own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned. Banc of
California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a
diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over),
ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and
grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave,
disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital
status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics),
genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin
(including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender
identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation. If you require
reasonable accommodation as part of the application process please
contact Talent Acquisition Partner. ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited
to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages;
balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and
percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write
reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and
- Ability to complete routine forms, use existing form letters,
and/or conduct routine oral communication.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone;
requires ability to hear and speak effectively on the
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing
- AutoDocs Laser Pro and Lawyer Pro experience preferred.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' related work
experience, consisting of an in-depth background in loan processing
and documentation. SALARY RANGE: -$50,628.19 - 86,268.43; Exact
compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Keywords: Banc of California, Santa Ana , Loan Operations Specialist Senior, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...