Transmission Planning Advisor [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Transmission Planning Advisor [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email
- Job ID: 71042236
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Santa Ana, CA US
- Salary: 116,000-174,000 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become aTransmissionPlanning
Advisorat Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. In this job, you'll serve as a lead on multiple projects
that are highly technical, time critical, and
engineering-sensitive. The successful candidate will direct the
realignment of existing easements for third party relocations,
while considering the legal and economic benefits of these
decisions. As aTransmissionPlanning Advisor, your work will help
power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air
for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work
smart and shine bright!
- Provides design engineering, cost estimates, and project
management activities for overhead and underground, transmission,
sub- transmission, and distribution systems. Will manage these
elements from project inception to project closing.
- Coordinates activities externally and internally as needed to
ensure project compliance in regards to both external and or SCE
standards, policies, rates, rules, as well as ensuring project
operating dates and or compliance due dates are actively monitored
- Communicates and interfaces on a regular and timely basis with
customers, as well as internal SCE organizations, departments, and
other groups with regards to assigned projects.
- Serves in the role of assigned project lead and acts in the
role of the primary point of contact to Manager of Electrical
Trans. Ops. and/or other organizations as called upon in regards to
assigned SCE projects status.
- Reviews projects involving relocation of Transmission and
Distribution facilities on rights-of-way and enforce adherence to
- Acts as 24 hour "On Call" duty supervisor for the assigned work
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of experience in transmission line work or
as a Planner in substation, transmission, distribution,
telecommunication, or generation.
- A valid Driver's License. The preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related field, or
an equivalent amount of education, training, and experience.
- Field construction experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with transmission line
construction, maintenance, methods, procedures, tools and
- Broad knowledge of transmission rights-of-way practices and
corporate/business line policies and practices, including safety
and environmental rules and regulations and the IBEW contract.
- Advanced knowledge and experience utilizing engineering
principles, construction standards, and industry practices.
- Experience determining scope of work, method of service,
technical design requirements, and construction methods for
overhead and underground facilities.
- Ability to serve as senior staff expert and provide leadership,
direction, training, and mentoring to staff.
- Ability to accurately gather and analyze information and make
strategic decisions regarding project scope, impact, policy,
development, and implementation.
- Experience in Transmission and/or Distribution Construction
- Experience with Blueprintinterpretation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Access.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Auto Desk Utility Design (AUD), SPIDA
(or other Pole Loading programs), Design Manager (DM), and Visual
Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Willing to work on-call for 24-hourbasis for the assigned work
base. You should know ---
- Visit ourCandidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- When a return-to-office date has been determined, this
position's work mode isHybrid.The employee will report to an SCE
facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely
on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are
required to reside in the state of California. Further details of
this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage. Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. Please access ourInformation Guides to
reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test
8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s),
in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About SCE The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our
mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Santa Ana , Transmission Planning Advisor [HYBRID], Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...