IT Project Engineer
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 16, 2023
About TechMDTechMD is a leading provider of outsourced IT
services, cybersecurity, communications, and distributed workforce
solutions throughout the United States. As a customer-focused
company, TechMD integrates the industry's best technologies and
practices for each customer's specific needs. We also serve as an
extension of our customers' IT departments, enabling them to
innovate and grow their business while helping protect them from
the risk of cybersecurity threats. Headquartered in Endicott, NY,
TechMD employs over 200 people throughout its six office locations.
As the company continues to expand its footprint, we are constantly
looking for talented individuals to support our growth. We're
passionate about creating a great place to work for our employees.
TechMD is committed to the development and advancement of all
employees. We are a highly collaborative organization, and there
are many opportunities to learn from your colleagues and advance
your career. Work life balance is important to us. TechMD is
committed to working with each employee individually to find a
schedule that allows them to fulfill their responsibilities both
inside and outside of work. Position Overview The Project Engineer
primary responsibilities include working inside a defined team to
turn all levels of projects on a large and small scale. They also
function as escalation points on an as needed basis. They report to
the Director of Engineering and are led by a Project Manager who
involves Project Engineers as early as the pre-sales engineering
stages and through the completion stage. Primary
- Works with Project Manager at all stages of the project
including Pre-sales engineering, Planning, Implementation, and
- Participates in weekly Work in Progress calls/meetings. During
the WIP meetings, Project Engineers are expected to have a strong
pulse on On-track/Off-track status, obstacles threatening on-time
completion, scope-creep and need for change orders.
- Participates in Project Postmortem meetings with Project
Manager. Has a good pulse on what went Right/Wrong and Recommended
changes moving forward, if any.
- Submits daily time entries and updates on active projects as
they worked on in ConnectWise.
- Documents key infrastructure changes as they happen during a
project using IT Glue and ConnectWise.
- Effectively identifies changes in scope of work and escalates
them to the Project Coordinator.
- Is willing to respond after hours as needed.
- Uses all company tools to perform job efficiently. (IT glue,
ConnectWise, AUVIK, LabTech, etc.)
- Responds to escalation requests from Project Manager in a
manner that matches the necessary urgency of the escalated
- Stays current with technology and best practices to engineer
solutions more effectively for all different types of
- Assists Sales team when needed for high level technical
customer meetings (coordinated through the Project Manager).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the following:
- 4-7 years of hands-on experience Server Implementation and
- Extensive knowledge of mainstream virtualization technologies
and 3-5 years of hands-on experience migrating between them.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows
Desktop, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Office 365, and Azure.
- Extensive knowledge of Server Operating systems and best
practice configurations as well as 4-7 years hands experience of
deep troubleshooting in those environments.
- Understanding of TCP/IP technologies such as DHCP, DNS, and
related troubleshooting tools.
- Moderate to Extensive knowledge of networking infrastructure
best practices. ex. VLAN, Firewall, switching, layer 3 routing and
managed networking appliances.
- Able to deploy, upgrade, and troubleshoot firewalls, manage
switches, wireless controllers and WAPs.
- Moderate knowledge of and 2-4 years' hands-on experience with
Enterprise Backup solutions Ex. SAN's and on-premises and
off-premises backup solutions.
- Installs, supports, and maintains hardware and software
infrastructures according to best practices.
- Must demonstrate the ability to design solutions for a broad
array of infrastructures while maintaining best practices.
- Must have two current mainstream certifications or the
equivalent skillset. Ex. MCSE Server Track 2012 or newer, VCP,
- Must thrive in a team environment and demonstrate the ability
to effectively coach fellow teammates up.Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k with match
- Generous paid leave policies
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability coverage
- Performance-based incentive compensation
Keywords: TechMD, Santa Ana , IT Project Engineer, Other , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!