Division Manager - Construction
Company: Aldridge Electric
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Division Manager - ConstructionWhat we are looking for:We are
looking for a Division Manage for our Southern California business.
In this role you will be responsible for controlling sales, profit,
loss and field production of the Division in accordance with the
business plan (budget). You will have authority for marketing,
backlogs, estimating, proposals, negotiating, execution, operations
and completion of all contracts assigned to him/her. You will
actively participate in division planning and perform other
corporate leadership tasks as assigned by the Vice President. You
will have the opportunity to provide operational and administrative
leadership to field and project managers. Actively participate and
direct in the development of field and project management. You will
also attend and facilitate the teamwork concept at management
meetings, project-planning meetings, project execution, and project
closure meetings.What you'll do:Project Management
- Monitor that proper project planning occurs on all division
- Approve baseline project budgets.
- Coordinate with Vice President to assign project managers for
the division's projects.
- Actively participate in the training of project managers and
assistant project managers.
- Encourage and support continuing education in project
management, based on the Aldridge Training & Compliance Plan.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Maintain accurate, current and complete division records.
- Provide annual performance evaluations and salary reviews of
all division staff including field personnel, assigned project
managers and support staff, in coordination with company
- Manage on regular basis division man-hour productivity.
- Manage the overall manpower requirements and trends of the
- Work with Vice President and the other division managers to
maximize manpower utilization.
- Assess the division's technical, safety, estimating and
staffing needs and initiate appropriate actions as required.
- Establish high standards of safety expectations for the
- Ensure each project has been planned with safety as an integral
function of the job.
- Become actively involved by participating in job safety
meetings, training, etc.
- Be an advocate for the safety program by demonstrating your
commitment through your actions.
- Be consistent in using and enforcing Aldridge's safety
policies, goals, and expectations.
- Hold individuals accountable for safety in their
operations.+Business Management -- Monitor division and project
performance. Manage profit and loss performance based on corporate
strategies. Monitor on a regular basis division's projects'
financial status (% complete and accounts billing/aging status -
collections project status A,B,C).
- Develop division budgets and manage the budget process based on
an agreed to annual baseline budget planning requirements.
- Review sales and gross margins quarterly through a narrative to
VicePresident that would include:
- Overall actual and projected gross margins
- Gross margin changes from past quarters
- Actual and projected cash flows
- Update division annual overhead budgetMarketing
- Develop new sales leads and coordinate with Vice President and
Business Development Executive.
- Prepare quarterly and annual sales projections.
- Promote customer relations.
- Report quarterly to Vice President actual and projected backlog
- Participate in all division estimates.
- Ensure that all proposals are correctly submitted.
- Attend weekly estimating meetings.
- Coordinate the sharing of resources with other
- Actively participate in division planning and perform other
corporate leadership tasks as assigned by the company's executives.
- Provide technical leadership to field and Project Managers.
Actively participate in the development of field, project
management, division and corporate policies and procedures.
- Attend & facilitate the team work concept at corporate,
management meetings, project planning meetings, project execution
and project closure meetings.
- Align division goal with company mission vision - promote
mission and vision at division meetings.Who you are:
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in the construction market.
- Technical background with engineering or field experience.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and management.Who we
are:Aldridge, a family owned company, is one of the largest
specialty contractors in the US, dealing in the power and
transportation markets. We have built a reputation as a trusted
source in the construction industry, with close to 70 years in
business, 1,200 employees, and offices and job sites nationwide.
Our continued success is attributed to our commitment to quality,
attention to project planning, and dedication to an Incident and
Injury Free (IIF) culture.Aldridge's mission is to build and
strengthen America's infrastructure, and that starts with building
the strongest team. We have sustained significant growth and
foresee that continuing for years to come. Our ability to execute
difficult projects is made possible by engaging passionate, forward
thinking, and innovative people.What we offer:At Aldridge, you will
be a valued member of our workforce and receive:
- 401K plan with matching contributions
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account and
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Wellness Programs
- Life and Disability InsuranceAldridge cares about our team
members and the communities in which they live. We are proud to
support and participate in:
- Bridges to Prosperity
- Bucks for Burn
- Special Olympics' Polar Plunge
- Feed My Starving Children
- Greenhouse ScholarsThis job-specific task list covers only the
most important job duties. Employees assigned to this position
title will also perform other occasional work assignments not
mentioned above, including temporary assignments, training
assignments, and other related duties. Aldridge is an EEO Employer
and will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, national origin,
age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, marital
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aldridge Electric, Santa Ana , Division Manager - Construction, Professions , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!