Cyber Security Analyst
Company: Allied Universal
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Allied Universal is hiring for a Cyber Security Analyst. This
position is responsible for monitoring computer networks for
security issues, installing security software, and documenting
security issues and breaches found. Responsibilities:
- Monitor computer networks for anomalies and security
- Protect digital files and information systems against
unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Plan, implement, and upgrade security measures and
- Install security controls to protect systems and information
infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they
- Remediate detected security vulnerabilities to maintain a
- Develop and document company-wide best practices for IT
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to
- Stay up-to-date on cybersecurity technology trends and security
- Conduct internal and external security audits.
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention
- Recommend and install appropriate security tools and
- Assist with the definition implementation and maintenance of
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to
explain complex technical details to individuals or groups lacking
deep technical knowledge of the topic.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze computer
systems, assess any potential risks, and consider possible
- Ability to anticipate cyberattacks, always thinking one step
ahead of a cyberthreat.
- Ability to think and act clearly during times of stress.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals including the OSI network
model, networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SMB/CIFS, SIP,
etc., and network routing and switching.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows-- operating systems including
its security subsystems.
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Ability to perform systematic troubleshooting steps to identify
root causes of problems.
- Ability to install, maintain, monitor, and update security
software on endpoints and servers.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of disparate data from log
files and other sources to identify patterns of behavior to
identify security risks, anomalies, or malicious behavior.
- Competence in the use of common enterprise software such as
word processors, spreadsheets, project management, and presentation
Education and Experience Preferences:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or
related field or enrollment in similar program.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Vendor certifications from companies such as Microsoft, Cisco,
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and
Keywords: Allied Universal, Santa Ana , Cyber Security Analyst, Professions , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!