Senior Financial Analyst - 100% Remote
Company: First American Financial Corp.
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Employment Category: Full Time - Regular Join a team that puts
its People First! As a member of the First American family of
companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has
provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a
national, full-service basis for more than five decades. Since
1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in
its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are
equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel
welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their
full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our
company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For-- list for six consecutive years. We
have also earned awards as a best place to work for women,
diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than
50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always
strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information,
please visit www.careers.firstam.com. Job Summary Essential
- Develops, maintains and delivers monthly and quarterly
analyses, reports, and presentations ensuring the accuracy of the
information, identifying key points, and develops
- Performs a wide range of ad hoc analysis of financial and
operational data for trends and variances and presents findings to
business unit management
- Uses historical trend information, changes in market and
business environments, and strategic planning to create projections
used for the budgeting or forecasting processes
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments
and presents findings to business unit management.
- Manage large data sets from disparate sources for data mining,
analysis, and research project
- Develop complex financial models for what-if analysis, scenario
planning, and M&A activities
- Works collaboratively with team members and other departments
- Works on complex financial analysis projects.
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures
to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and
- Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action.
- Errors will have business and financial impact Supervision
Received or Extended
- Relies on experience and judgment to perform the functions of
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- No responsibility for the supervision of others
- Provides functional advice or training to less- experienced
- May lead or coordinate the work of cross functional teams
Impact Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Finance and Accounting - Expert in finance, economic and
accounting principles and practices, the financial markets,
financial statements, valuation and the analysis and reporting of
- Mathematics & Analytics - Ability to understand, manipulate and
solve problems using mathematics on large data sets.
- Computer Skills - Expert on Microsoft Office Products,
particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Essbase
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing
specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Solid understanding of standard concepts, practices and
procedures of the business Typical Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience in Accounting. Typical Range of Experience
- 4-7 years of experience in the field or related area License or
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal work hours and/or responsibilities from
time to time, as needed. First American invests in its employees'
development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior
customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where
they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and
inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. Based on
eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and
other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
Returning users, access your profile or edit/update your resume.
First American Title Insurance Company makes no express or implied
warranty respecting the information presented and assumes no
responsibility for errors or omissions. First American, the eagle
logo, firstam.com, and First American Title are registered
trademarks or trademarks of First American Financial Corporation
and/or its affiliates.
Keywords: First American Financial Corp., Santa Ana , Senior Financial Analyst - 100% Remote, Professions , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!